Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you consider a video game store business?

Smokey

Service Team
Service Team
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
Would you ever consider a video game oriented business? Such as a video game store? Would you ever want to own a Video Game store? I was thinking about this years ago, when I was younger, I wanted to do this as a kid. To the point, I wanted a job at 14 at a local mom and pop retro game store. They refused to hire me eve though I was there a lot. I bought a ton of Dreamcst games from them back in the day and I always wanted my own store similar to that but as I got older, life changes, things happen and now that dream is gone. Howabout you? Would you ever want to get into the video game shop business?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have always been a lover of video games and when am financially capable, I would love to own a video game stores because I know it will be profitable as lots of people love playing video games.

In today's age? Absolutely not. Everything has gone digital. With games now being pre-ordered and downloaded from the internet, most people are not even bothering to go in store for their games anymore. Years ago, we used to line up outside the video game stores to get our games that we had pre-ordered, and they would always release them at midnight on the day they were set to be released.

It is only a few gamers I know that are still interested in buying games in their physical copies because most people buy digital games which makes it very difficult for you to run a physical game store and actually make good profit from. It is not a business that I'm going to consider doing.

There was a video game shop across from my high school for like a month before it closed down. They had options where you could pay $5 to play an hour worth of video games. Was pretty fun at the time as I didn't own most of the consoles they had. I even tried to get a job there, but it didn't happen. Now days, I don't know if I would work in one, or start one.

Main reason, is because I feel like the only ones around are Gamestops and I don't want to work there. Otherwise you could start your own gaming shop, which is easier said than done. Those types of stores are starting to die out too. :(

I love the idea of running something like this but today, it is just not a good investment. Many of them have closed in the last 10 years. More and more people are moving to digital gaming. It would be too much of a risk.

Playing games can be really fun especially with friends and family. I wouldn't make mine in form of a store. It will be more like a relaxation centre, and I will make the games more digitalized and VR oriented for the optimum experience.

In today's age? Absolutely not. Everything has gone digital. With games now being pre-ordered and downloaded from the internet, most people are not even bothering to go in store for their games anymore. Years ago, we used to line up outside the video game stores to get our games that we had pre-ordered, and they would always release them at midnight on the day they were set to be released.

Pre-ordering products could be a bit risky. In our country, there was a company that used to offer an option to people that would allow them to pre-order products. Many people sent them money. However, later they learned that the company was a big scam. They looted hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I love the idea of running something like this but today, it is just not a good investment. Many of them have closed in the last 10 years. More and more people are moving to digital gaming. It would be too much of a risk.

With video games going digital have become a very serious challenge for those that are into this kind of business because most people will always go or choose the option of playing their games digitally which will affect how the business will go for you.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds