Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you buy a sports team if you had the money?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
There are a lot of rich people out there who have purchased teams or purchased a cut of the team. But if you're a rich individual, would you ever consider buying into a sports team? I think if I had the money I would consider it, but it'd have to be a good franchise and not one that hasn't gone places yet.

The Green Bay Packers a few years back, opened up their stock options and I guess fans could buy a cut into the team. The Packers to my knowledge is the only team in the NFL who does this. Which is kind of cool I think.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are a lot of rich people out there who have purchased teams or purchased a cut of the team. But if you're a rich individual, would you ever consider buying into a sports team? I think if I had the money I would consider it, but it'd have to be a good franchise and not one that hasn't gone places yet.

The Green Bay Packers a few years back, opened up their stock options and I guess fans could buy a cut into the team. The Packers to my knowledge is the only team in the NFL who does this. Which is kind of cool I think.
My brother and I would buy the Detroit Red Wings and make all kinds of changes immediately.
First, we'd get a brand new coach, then recruit more players from Russia and try to get something like the Russian Five going again, when we were winning the Cup back to back, and we'd get a whole lot of new players in general to help us tighten up our defense. That net would stay empty for a change, and we wouldn't need to depend on our goalie as much.
Oh, and more troublemakers (for the fights). 😉🥊

Yes, I would, if I had enough money to buy a small club I would buy my hometown team which has been performing very well in recent years and moving up a category a few times, although even to buy a small team you need a lot of money.

I will definitely buy Manchester United, if I had the money. That is the club that I have supported all through my life right from the time that I was a kid. It is one club that I wish to see succeed and seeing them struggle at the moment because of injuries breaks my heart.

I will definitely buy Manchester United, if I had the money. That is the club that I have supported all through my life right from the time that I was a kid. It is one club that I wish to see succeed and seeing them struggle at the moment because of injuries breaks my heart.
You took the words right out from my mouth. I would buy Manchester United for the sake of saving the club from the claws of the Glazers. They are been sucking life out of the club for years without investing anything in the club.

They put the club for sale since the end of last season but they are yet to accept any bids. They've received bids in excess of $6+ billion but they are not selling yet. If I had $10 billon, I would dump the money on them just to kick them out of the club ownership.

You took the words right out from my mouth. I would buy Manchester United for the sake of saving the club from the claws of the Glazers. They are been sucking life out of the club for years without investing anything in the club.

They put the club for sale since the end of last season but they are yet to accept any bids. They've received bids in excess of $6+ billion but they are not selling yet. If I had $10 billon, I would dump the money on them just to kick them out of the club ownership.

I still don't understand the reason they are not ready to sell. What is delaying the process? Why are they making it that difficult for those who want to buy the club from them? Simply a lot of questions that need an answer, but it seems that the owners are not bothered as long as they are making their desired profits.

I still don't understand the reason they are not ready to sell. What is delaying the process? Why are they making it that difficult for those who want to buy the club from them? Simply a lot of questions that need an answer, but it seems that the owners are not bothered as long as they are making their desired profits.
There was a time when I had the feeling the Glazers were never going to sell the club. Even if they wanted to sell it, they would still want to retain some part of ownership in the club and that's exactly what they were asking for. The fans are tired of them and everything they stood for. We need a new breath of fresh air in the club ownership.

There was a time when I had the feeling the Glazers were never going to sell the club. Even if they wanted to sell it, they would still want to retain some part of ownership in the club and that's exactly what they were asking for. The fans are tired of them and everything they stood for. We need a new breath of fresh air in the club ownership.

We can't fully blame them. They are the owners of one of the biggest club in the country and have been making a lot of money from the club since they bought it. So, what do you expect? That they should sell easily? I don't see that happening that way unless the fans keep piling the pressure on them.

We can't fully blame them. They are the owners of one of the biggest club in the country and have been making a lot of money from the club since they bought it. So, what do you expect? That they should sell easily? I don't see that happening that way unless the fans keep piling the pressure on them.

Personally, I think that the fans need to get more radical like they did last season when they stopped the Liverpool match from being played in Old Trafford. They should start full time occupancy of the stadium without leaving it until the club is sold. This way, they can force their hands.

David Beckham bought Inter Maimi after playing for Manchester United, Real Madrid and PSG. He's very rich to afford buying the football club in USA. If I have the money to buy a football team, it will be in one of low division clubs in England.

Yes, I would, if I had enough money to buy a small club I would buy my hometown team which has been performing very well in recent years and moving up a category a few times, although even to buy a small team you need a lot of money.

When you're a lover of football, you will definitely be open to having a team acquire if it's something that you can afford. It's a very big management project but it's something that's worth it from any angle that I look at it from. Maybe one day, I would be able to afford buying my favourite club Manchester United. I know it's a too much ask but I can't stop dreaming big.

When you're a lover of football, you will definitely be open to having a team acquire if it's something that you can afford. It's a very big management project but it's something that's worth it from any angle that I look at it from. Maybe one day, I would be able to afford buying my favourite club Manchester United. I know it's a too much ask but I can't stop dreaming big.
Wow, Manchester United? I think I heard that recently a family bought it and cost about 900 million dollars, I do not know if these data are correct, but that is truly dreaming big, I would settle buying a team of 500,000 dollars, maybe my hometown's team isn't even worth more than $200,000 hahaha.

I often think about this because I thought that it was very easy money and you could buy a team and immediately make a profit, but over time I realized that many clubs cannot make a net profit even within 5 years. And I don't have the skills to manage a whole club and bring it to profit

I enjoy watching sports but I would never buy a sports team even if I had money. I have better plans to do with money rather that buying sports team

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds