Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you be a curator for art?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Is anyone here a curator for art? Or if not, would you want to be one? Curators essentially are the ones who set up art shows, galleries, and other events set around art. They curate the art pretty much. With that being said, I imagine they are paid very well. If you work as a curator, how much do you get paid? Is it a good living like they say?

Advertisement Placeholder
Is anyone here a curator for art? Or if not, would you want to be one? Curators essentially are the ones who set up art shows, galleries, and other events set around art. They curate the art pretty much. With that being said, I imagine they are paid very well. If you work as a curator, how much do you get paid? Is it a good living like they say?

As far as I know, there are many curators who have been a part of many museums. I once visited an old museum in one of our cities. They had many curators. However, they were governmental employees who were hired by the government. They do not hire anyone for this job because the nature of this kind of job is quite sensitive.

This is actually a kind of job that is very good for someone who knows exactly how to do the job effectively and efficiently because it is a job of high-class clients. This is because it is not an average people that are always interested in investing in art galleries and the rest.

Do you think that a curator should have great knowledge about the art? I think that it is just a part of their job. They may introduce many visitors in the art gallery. When an exhibition takes place, such kind of artists may need the help of many curators who could help them.

Do you think that a curator should have great knowledge about the art? I think that it is just a part of their job. They may introduce many visitors in the art gallery. When an exhibition takes place, such kind of artists may need the help of many curators who could help them.

There is no way anyone who is a curator of art will not have knowledge about the arts that he or she is working with. It's like someone who is working as a mechanical engineer not having the knowledge on how to take care of those mechanical tools that are supposed to be used to fix mechanical problems.

I have no knowledge or skills to become an art curator. In order to become an art curator, you need knowledge about art. You not only should be able to interpret the art but also analyze it in a technical aspect. As an art curator, you are expected to explain art to people so that they decide to buy it. I don't have that skill.

There is no way anyone who is a curator of art will not have knowledge about the arts that he or she is working with. It's like someone who is working as a mechanical engineer not having the knowledge on how to take care of those mechanical tools that are supposed to be used to fix mechanical problems.

Yes, curators may have knowledge about artwork. However, it many organisations usually hire many curators in order to assist people. I am a writer and being a writer is a kind of a thing which is related to arts and literature. However, I have never been a curator of artwork.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds