Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Would you allow others to earn off your website?

Sean Quinn

Reputable member
Website
thesqpost.wordpress.com
Credits
Would you allow other people to earn off your website if you were not gaining anything in terms of money off it? :p Such as, if you had a forum that allowed a link member's signatures, would you allow your member to sell that link space to other people off your site for cash?

Advertisement Placeholder
I agree with s3_gunzel. If the website/business isn't making a profit off of it, I would not do something like this.

The website might not be directly making a profit, but, nonetheless, it can make the site more attractive to sellers and buyers. In that case, you could say it's good for publicity.

In general, I'd like to be generating revenue before giving anyone else the opportunity to do it.

But an attitude like that could hold you back.

The website might not be directly making a profit, but, nonetheless, it can make the site more attractive to sellers and buyers. In that case, you could say it's good for publicity.

But an attitude like that could hold you back.

That’s why I said in general. Obviously, every situation is unique. It also totally depends on how you plan to monetize the site. If I’m going to flip it and attempt to make a lump sum off selling the website as a whole, I may be a little less concerned about other individuals generating revenue off of my site. This kind of thing truly depends.

I would allow in a specific situation : if the user gains money by bringing visitors to his link and thus on my website, I wouldn't mind.

Would you allow other people to earn off your website if you were not gaining anything in terms of money off it? :yum: Such as, if you had a forum that allowed a link member's signatures, would you allow your member to sell that link space to other people off your site for cash?

I don't have a problem with that, as long as they are active on my website. The more people I have active, the better. Then I can eventually make money off them being on the forum through advertising.

As long as I benefit somehow from it I wouldn't mind and I also wouldn't mind if the thing wouldn't damage my site or look ugly.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds