Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Wordpress Post Transfer

tunescool

Renowned member
Website
thenotablenook.com
Credits
i changed hosts and need to get all of my posts onto my new blog

what do i need from here

and where does it go

or can i just import all my posts from the old blog. i have my domain on the old blog and i cant get into the dashboard. if i put the domain on the new one will i still be able to get all the posts on it, will i still have a domain from the old 000webhost

or if someone will just go in my webhosts and transfer the posts for me for free that would be great, plugins, etc..

Advertisement Placeholder
1. You need to take a backup of the mysql database and compress and save all the files in your public folder.
2. Transfer your files over to the new host and unzip them.
3. Check all the permissions on files and folders.
4. Create a mysql database and assign a user (who has all permissions checked). Remember to add user to database.
5. Update the Wp_Config.php file with your new database details.
6. Go into Phpmyadmin. Click the database you created. Click "Import". Import the SQL file you saved in step 1.

Hope that helps. :)

i have public uploaded to the new host

i dont know where to get the mysql

i have the DB things changed

im not sure where to get this

/** MySQL hostname */
define('DB_HOST', 'mysql6.000webhost.com');

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

View attachment 423

do i have to add a mysql

View attachment 424

thats as far as i am

Attachments

• by default 2013-06-07 at 10.52.35 PM.jpg
    by default 2013-06-07 at 10.52.35 PM.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 41
  • by default 2013-06-07 at 11.00.45 PM.jpg
    by default 2013-06-07 at 11.00.45 PM.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 41
You need to import the mysql file into your new host. In Phpmyadmin there should be an export button. OR somewhere in the database area of your control panel. Ideally this would be exported as a sql file.

thanks for the help sam, ive only used a control panel once years ago for a php forum i was just trying. somebody installed wp for me, its so easy to everyone but i just dont like dealing with it, i have a free forum host

i have everything in the wpconfig and uploaded it

i downloaded a zip of mysql but got an error when importing

View attachment 425

then i exported a gzip from the old blog and imported that and it said it was successful

im unsure of the mysql situation, i dont know if the gzip imports over anything with the error or if it really did anything

my nameservers are pointed to my new host

the blog isnt showing up and im still getting the old blog at that domain, maybe it takes awhile

Attachments

• by default 2013-06-08 at 4.43.10 AM.jpg
    by default 2013-06-08 at 4.43.10 AM.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 28
i transferred all the files from the old one to the new one, i dont know where the files are located, if theyre in those files, if anything. my host has some new thing and i cant get into my blog

how do you import all the posts

I don't know if this will help but on your old WP install, go to Tools > Export and then it'll export your stuff. And then on your new one, import it by going Tools > Import.

I'm not a whiz at the MySQL thing so I just thought I'd throw this in here. XD

i transferred all the files from the old one to the new one, i dont know where the files are located, if theyre in those files, if anything. my host has some new thing and i cant get into my blog

how do you import all the posts

Your domain name stays the same right?, this method is a=only aplicable in that case. If you intend to change the domain name as well, I think Sam's method is the best one.

Now if the domain name is the same,
Goto Tools on your wp-admin and there you can both import and exports your posts!
Then you only need the files from the directory wp-content.

So what you have to do is:
  1. Install wordpress on your new server.
  2. export all the posts from your old server.
  3. copy the wp-content directory from your old server to the new server.
  4. now import all the posts from the xml file which you have exported in the 2nd step.
  5. thats pretty much it! :D

i had to import my posts from my old blogger, some dude helped me. offered to make me a theme, do graphics and anything i wanted, seo

thanks for all your help guys. i havent been posting alot, not much i have anything to say about

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds