Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

WordPress Based Forum Software

Advertisement Placeholder
You’d be surprised who uses it - it’s inevitably people with a WordPress that want a community but don't want to fight with another software to get there - usually something like a support section of a product website.

They don’t scale as well as the standalone forums but generally do follow the site theme out of the box, which for many is a plus. There’s also a greater likelihood of them supporting nested comments out of the box, unlike most of the standalone forums.

One of the "support" sites for Indi Library for my astrophotography/astronomy computer capture software uses Kunena... and honestly... I'd rather eat sand burrs covered in Pure Evil 13 Million hot sauce than use it regularly.
It's slow, it's klunky, its slow (did I already mention that?).
I only use it when I need to research issues that present themselves on some of my test beds. The bad thing is.. the folks that run it also base their RPi/NUC software from the same server apparently.. and it sucks also for getting support.

Last edited:
You’d be surprised who uses it - it’s inevitably people with a WordPress that want a community but don't want to fight with another software to get there - usually something like a support section of a product website.

They don’t scale as well as the standalone forums but generally do follow the site theme out of the box, which for many is a plus. There’s also a greater likelihood of them supporting nested comments out of the box, unlike most of the standalone forums.
This is pretty accurate and does go with what I have seen. Wordpress don't play to well with others haha.(and vice versa in some cases)

Does anyone feel WordPress is trying to monopolize stuff, like Facebook and certain chain stores do?
WP itself isn’t, if it was it would be more gung-ho about incorporating addons and features into core, rather than being very “that’s a third party problem” as they are today.

WP forum softwares are a bit TOO simple for my needs.

I ended up buying @Bob's blog addon and using that, making use of route filters to change my personal blog to /blog on my site.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds