Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Will we ever see a service like Google Stadia again?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Google Stadia had a good idea going, but it was a failed attempt as Google didn't put next to no effort into making it work. That's Google for you though, they come up with ideas, release something and then realize it wasn't going the way they wanted and in turn failed. I think if Google made games more affordable, had a bigger catalog of games, and had more features, I could see Stadia lasting. But it was closed down and is now mostly forgotten.

With that being said, could we see a new service like it? Maybe even started by Google?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, right now it's only LUNA that offers something that's very close to what we had from Google Stadia. As it's backed by Amazon, it's definitely going to receive vast features and games as time goes. After LUNA, it's Nvidia's GeForce Now that comes up next with it's great performances and access to plethora of so many games library.

Perhaps Google realized that it was late to the world of video games and had too much competition, added to that they did not put too much effort into making the google stadia project work, caused it to become a failure, and left the project aside, I am sure that if they had put more effort and as you say they would have expanded their catalog and innovating a little everything would have been different.

Well, right now it's only LUNA that offers something that's very close to what we had from Google Stadia. As it's backed by Amazon, it's definitely going to receive vast features and games as time goes. After LUNA, it's Nvidia's GeForce Now that comes up next with it's great performances and access to plethora of so many games library.
Yeah I forgot about LUNA and I remember Nvidia had a streaming service too. I wonder if we'll see streaming come from Sony and Nintendo next. I know Sony has some streaming capabilities, but I imagine it could be better.

Perhaps Google realized that it was late to the world of video games and had too much competition, added to that they did not put too much effort into making the google stadia project work, caused it to become a failure, and left the project aside, I am sure that if they had put more effort and as you say they would have expanded their catalog and innovating a little everything would have been different.
I don't think they were late. Honestly they were kind of early with the streaming service, they just didn't support it enough and most of the games they sold were overpriced games already out for years.

Google has so much money, they could have easily figured out how to make Stadia work and survive. It would have helped if they released more exclusives and had more gaming options instead of just a few classics sprinkled here or there.

Yeah I forgot about LUNA and I remember Nvidia had a streaming service too. I wonder if we'll see streaming come from Sony and Nintendo next. I know Sony has some streaming capabilities, but I imagine it could be better.

I was very well impressed by what LUNA was able to bring to the table after Google Stadia was completely shutdown. With LUNA, I never really missed the services we had with Google Stadia. I was thinking that Sony was going to take a big step with replacing the services of Google Stadia but they didn't.

With that being said, could we see a new service like it? Maybe even started by Google?
There already is a service like it. It's called Game Pass on XBOX ONE and XBOX Series S/X. You pay $11 dollars a month to play games unlimited off of their cloud server.

There already is a service like it. It's called Game Pass on XBOX ONE and XBOX Series S/X. You pay $11 dollars a month to play games unlimited off of their cloud server.

You also have PlayStation Plus to add to the list. The same thing Game Pass offer to Xbox One, Xbox Series X & S is the same thing PlayStation Plus offer to Playstation console gamers. Although, PlayStation Plus offers more games than Xbox Game Pass.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds