Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Will Twitter see the same fate as MySpace?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Twitter as of late has been suffering a lot because of Elon Musk and his horrible decisions. Now days I feel like Twitter is on its way out, and we'll see alternatives come out that will push people away from Twitter even more.

I think Twitter is going to die, unless Elon reverses the decisions he made and lets it be the way it was, but I don't think Elon cares and would rather Twitter die than fix it. What do you guys think?

Advertisement Placeholder
Twitter and MySpace are both social media platforms, but they have different dynamics and user bases. MySpace experienced a significant decline in popularity and user engagement after Facebook emerged as a dominant force in the social media landscape. MySpace's decline was also attributed to various management and strategic issues. Twitter, on the other hand, has maintained a significant user base and continues to be a prominent platform for real-time news, information sharing, and social networking. It has its own unique characteristics and features that distinguish it from other social media platforms. Twitter has been successful in establishing its brand and has a dedicated user community.

Twitter and MySpace are both social media platforms, but they have different dynamics and user bases. MySpace experienced a significant decline in popularity and user engagement after Facebook emerged as a dominant force in the social media landscape. MySpace's decline was also attributed to various management and strategic issues. Twitter, on the other hand, has maintained a significant user base and continues to be a prominent platform for real-time news, information sharing, and social networking. It has its own unique characteristics and features that distinguish it from other social media platforms. Twitter has been successful in establishing its brand and has a dedicated user community.
True, Twitter is a lot different. But I can see Elon Musk and crew only hurting Twitter to the point it inevitably dies. And the choices they're making seems to be hurting more than it is helping.

It may be a good tool now, but people are already moving away from Twitter, so it really comes down to Twitter fixing the mistakes they made, otherwise it's going to be a slow and boring death for a company that was once important.

The latest in twitter is about limiting the daily reading limit to 6000 posts for verified accounts. No wonder the netizens are up in arms about it.

I believe that the recent announcement about the rate limit on Twitter was not really understood. This does not take away the fact that the app has been boring overtime and people are going to leave if they find a good alternative.

Twitter as of late has been suffering a lot because of Elon Musk and his horrible decisions. Now days I feel like Twitter is on its way out, and we'll see alternatives come out that will push people away from Twitter even more.

I think Twitter is going to die, unless Elon reverses the decisions he made and lets it be the way it was, but I don't think Elon cares and would rather Twitter die than fix it. What do you guys think?
Honestly, I agree. I don't think Elon cares much about Twitter I believe he bought Twitter to prove a point. However, let's not forget that Elon is a businessman, and businessmen don't let anything go to waste. They seize any opportunity that comes their way. Perhaps he is using this strategy as a way to clean up the management and rebrand it. We may not know the full intentions or plans behind his actions.

With all these ever-changing rules, I think Twitter is getting a lot of negative comments. However, I do not think Twitter will see the fate of myspace. When Musk invested $46 billion, he did not spend that money on anything. He is a good business man and he knows how to run a business.

Personally, I don't see anything like what happened to MySpace going down with Twitter. A good number of people will tell you that Twitter is the king of social media platforms. All the other social media platforms have strong competition but there's none for Twitter. We saw Threads launched but it seems like a bad project now.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds