Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Why you need patience when owning a forum

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
We've all heard the saying, "patience is a virtue" but when it comes to running a website or online business, it's more than just a saying - it's a necessity. The truth is, building a successful website takes time, effort, and a whole lot of patience. Way to often I see people giving up too soon thinking they have failed. An opening of a forum always has more activity in the first few days/weeks. That doesn't mean it has died out. But the new feeling has just faded for everyone and it's time for you to get to work.

Whether you're trying to increase your website traffic, improve your search engine rankings, or generate more revenue, it can be easy to get discouraged when you don't see immediate results. But the key is to not give up.

Instead, you have to have patience and be willing to put in the work day after day, even when you're not seeing the results you want. This means consistently creating high-quality content, networking with other website owners and industry professionals, and staying up to date with the latest trends and strategies.

Remember that success is not always straight forward. There may be ups and downs along the way, but if you stay committed and keep pushing forward, you'll eventually start to see progress. And when you do, the rewards are significant.

So, if you're feeling frustrated or overwhelmed with your website or online business, remember that patience is key. Stay focused on your goals, stay consistent in your efforts, and don't give up. With time and perseverance, you'll get there.

Advertisement Placeholder
Oh 100%! I think it's easy to get so caught up in your own excitement of launching a new forum that when activity doesn't go from 0-100 in a day, you can get disheartened. So yes, patience is a must, slow and steady wins the race as they say. I think it's important to keep adding little by little and refrain from doing too much at once otherwise you'll end up with burnout and you won't want to do anything at all.

I think I actually wrote an article about patience being key to the success of a forum a long, long time ago. It's no doubt how important it is to remain patient and take things day-by-day and not get discouraged by a lack of activity. During the activity downtimes, you can be doing so much to improve your forum to build up that activity to a greater extent. Content and quality content at that is great to keep pushing when your board is inactive, it will eventually pull some people in if you're promoting correctly and the more those few people are interested, the more that will likely follow.

I think I actually wrote an article about patience being key to the success of a forum a long, long time ago. It's no doubt how important it is to remain patient and take things day-by-day and not get discouraged by a lack of activity. During the activity downtimes, you can be doing so much to improve your forum to build up that activity to a greater extent. Content and quality content at that is great to keep pushing when your board is inactive, it will eventually pull some people in if you're promoting correctly and the more those few people are interested, the more that will likely follow.
Definitely. It’s not always easy when you have a very active forum either since you have little time to do actual forum work and development. As an admin on an extremely active forum, you’ll want to engage with the members too.

As an admin on an extremely active forum, you’ll want to engage with the members too.
True, in a sense you have to keep the engagement going to keep the member activity flowing in, but when members are well versing with each other sometimes that activity is mostly generated from your user base and not the staff team. User engagement is still important no matter how (in)active your forum is.

I am a firm believer that patience is key and that all good things come to those who wait. It can be easy to feel impatient when it comes to wanting to see a forum grow but nothing ever grows overnight and it really is best to just keep working on things, bringing in new, unique content and watching as it slowly grows to where you would like it to be.

Patience is definitely a must if you're wanting to own a forum. I always say "Rome wasn't built in a day" and neither was anything else in life. Bring new content to your forum will help drive traffic, if guests see the admin logging in and posting then they are more likely to join! Request posting packages or do post exchanges with other members can help bring more activity to your forum, adding new features such as badges, a new theme, etc can help spice things up as well.

For the fact that forums are struggling currently is one of the reason why you need to be very patient when it comes to growing your community. This is because it is not something that is going to boom immediately when you just started it, since the competition from social media is making it very difficult for forums to be what they used to be.

Patience is one of the biggest things needed. Sometimes you may get yourself down in a slump because something is not working. I would always give things a month before I tried to tweak something a lot, I would make changes monthly rather than weekly to give things a time to work itself out, or at least see what other members thought. That's where constructive criticism comes in! I would definitely always try to wait a week before I made a change, but the longer you wait members also get excited about monthly changes sometimes too lol.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds