Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Why the ZetaBoards Hate?

Southern Comfort

Loyal member
Credits
I've noticed a trend on forums that I frequent (specifically ones that feature advertisement), people hate ZetaBoards. It's a free forum service, it doesn't look half-bad, there are nice features, the themes usually look awesome. What is there to hate other than the fact that it didn't cost the owner any money at all, which I wouldn't hate on anyways.

I've used ZetaBoards and IF software for years, and just recently I've noticed the hate on it. TELL ME WHY WEBGURUBB!

Advertisement Placeholder
I've noticed a trend on forums that I frequent (specifically ones that feature advertisement), people hate ZetaBoards. It's a free forum service, it doesn't look half-bad, there are nice features, the themes usually look awesome. What is there to hate other than the fact that it didn't cost the owner any money at all, which I wouldn't hate on anyways.

I've used ZetaBoards and IF software for years, and just recently I've noticed the hate on it. TELL ME WHY WEBGURUBB!
Haha, I see your point. Some people are like that. They tend to forget they are getting it for free. Anyway I can't comment on that much since I haven't used zetaboards!

I used to use IF and ZB for a time until I decided that I can't run a community to save my life. Those who hate on such stuff are just being silly, imo. Why expend the effort to hate something? My theory is that some of them feel that paid is always better, kinda like how some people would tell forum owners to invest in ipb, vb or xf to appear "professional" when perfectly good, free alternatives exist.

People don't understand the value of the service. One thing, they are giving a free hosting and a forum with a good uptime. If you don't like it move on to a paid server why blame a good service.

It's a great service. I think it's the themes that are being made. The bigger forums like Antiquus and Outline have some of the best themes around and you wouldn't even notice it was a ZetaBoards forum if you didn't pay attention. I'm thinking about opening up my Design forum on it just to prove a point. Even a ZetaBoards forum can be even better than a paid for forum.

I dislike the service, simply because it's too easy to have a website (and you don't technically own the content on it.)

Other than that, it's not much. I much rather just would get a free webhost, set up a MyBB forum, and have a go at it.

I dislike the service, simply because it's too easy to have a website (and you don't technically own the content on it.)

Other than that, it's not much. I much rather just would get a free webhost, set up a MyBB forum, and have a go at it.
Disliking is one thing hating is another.
What you would do is indeed a better option, but I have to say, what they offer is much more simple. That way people who don't know much about all the hosting and backend stuffs can also start a forum. People disliking them is fair, but hating is not fair. They are offering something for free which is quite a helpful service!

It's a great service. I think it's the themes that are being made. The bigger forums like Antiquus and Outline have some of the best themes around and you wouldn't even notice it was a ZetaBoards forum if you didn't pay attention. I'm thinking about opening up my Design forum on it just to prove a point. Even a ZetaBoards forum can be even better than a paid for forum.
Wait what?
Antiqus is on zetaboards?

I was considering starting a general forum on it- no need to worry about hosting or updates etc. It seems to be the sort of thing you'd use when you didn't have the time or couldn't be bothered/ don't know how to use a forum software self hosted. I think it's really good because it allows people who would like to start a community around their hobby, to do so... :)

Disliking is one thing hating is another.
What you would do is indeed a better option, but I have to say, what they offer is much more simple. That way people who don't know much about all the hosting and backend stuffs can also start a forum. People disliking them is fair, but hating is not fair. They are offering something for free which is quite a helpful service!

Wait what?
Antiqus is on zetaboards?
Yep, you didn't know that did you. ;)

I don't know much about ZB, but I've seen a lot of people hate forumotion. Well, I myself was a hater, until I realized you don't expect to get the best for free every time.
Seriously, people tend to hate (complain about) things that are free, more that they do about the ones that they bought. I don't see the logic.

I've got nothing against it.. people just hear the word "free" and flip out!

I don't know much about ZB, but I've seen a lot of people hate forumotion. Well, I myself was a hater, until I realized you don't expect to get the best for free every time.
Seriously, people tend to hate (complain about) things that are free, more that they do about the ones that they bought. I don't see the logic.
I hate when people complain about the free stuffs! They have got the right to not use it. They ddin't pay so they have no reason to complain about it.

Of-course there are some really bad stuffs which are free, but if you don't like it, don't use it!

I don't really see a problem with Zetaboard forums, it's just when they don't have a domain it's not the best of links without one. They can be good forums when treated well though, just like any other forums. :)

Forums are forums.

It's a shame people bag so heavily on ZetaBoards. I am running a lit/movie forum on ZB, and have had many people bemoan its status on ZB. I have bought a domain for us, so it isn't as if we're operating off of the link ZB provides you, but oh well. I tend to ignore the ZB-naysayers.

It's all free forums, ZetaBoards, Forumotion, IcyBoards, ect. I personally think that people on webmaster forums like this spend their time, energy, and money on their site to host it, update it, ect. And get ticked off at people going the "Easy" way out and using ZetaBoards.

I personally have no hate for them all, I love forumotion, it brings back nostalgia to my younger foruming days lol, as long as people know what they are doing with ZetaBoards it can look amazing, and I don't see why it should be downed upon as much as people normally do.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds