Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why did you get into making forums/owning them?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
If you're a forum owner, what was your main reason for getting into it? For me, I think it's the idea of creating or cultivating an audience or member base in one location. One where you can get to know the people, meet new people and experience all kinds of walks of life. Forums are a place for many people of many cultures to be a part of. I feel you learn a lot from running a forum. Why did you get into making forums?

Advertisement Placeholder
The main purpose of creating a forum is to earn money. The other goals are secondary and come after that. Cultivating people could be something good but you will see any Wikipedia forum has a lot of ads inside it.

I like to socialize online. It is really that simple. I didn't aim to make money or anything with a forum, I just enjoyed talking with people. I find it harder to socialize in person.

I started using the forums to look for opportunities and search for information, the fact of making money with them had never crossed my mind, but I came across it without wanting to, the fact of sharing ideas, information, and socializing was what I was looking for in the first place.

I started using the forums to look for opportunities and search for information, the fact of making money with them had never crossed my mind, but I came across it without wanting to, the fact of sharing ideas, information, and socializing was what I was looking for in the first place.
Most users on PTP forums don't participate in parallel in the non-PTP version of the forums means once you start here it is hard to work in parallel on the non-PTP version in most of the cases.

Most users on PTP forums don't participate in parallel in the non-PTP version of the forums means once you start here it is hard to work in parallel on the non-PTP version in most of the cases.
It all depends on the love you have for forums, I'm also using some non-ptp forums, such as Forum Advertiser or Forum Explorer, it all depends on what you look for in each forum :)

When I created my first forum, it was a platform for my blog writers to talk about ideas, share payment proof, talk about site issues, etc. It was basically a support forum for my blog contributors. However, when I decided to create a stand along forum, a forum that was not a part of a blog, I created primarily to build a community where like-minded people shared their ideas and in the mean time I make money.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds