Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Site Management Who is your forum nemesis?

For discussions on the overall management and administration of websites and forums.

CharlesK

Credits
We normally only focus on what we're doing with OUR own forum.

However, many of us are also members of other forums, many of which may overlap or even compete with us.

Do you have a 'forum enemy'? Did you ever have a forum war?

Go Star Wars GIF by Grizzy and the Lemmings

Advertisement Placeholder
In the 2000s I attended a forum dedicated to motorcycles and at that time scooters were beginning to gain momentum on the 2-wheel market. I had even bought one and several members of the forum too.

While more and more of us were asking for an entire category of the forum dedicated to scooters rather than a simple "forum" (node).

The team in place systematically refused and while I was a bit the leader of "the revolt" they had even ended up banning me!! I then decided to create my own forum on scooters and it was a great success since all the followers of this 2 wheels followed me.

Finally, when the motorcycle forum team saw that we were growing up quickly, they decided to create a scooter section but it was too late it remained desperately inactive. It was also quite jubilant this situation!!

Until 2011 I managed this forum (vBulletin 3 if I remember correctly) then another took my place as an admin in a little confused way but it's another story!

The forum was www.club-scootergt.com but it has been closed since...

When I ran my forum resources board, Big Boards on ZetaBoards there was a person or perhaps a group of people that wrote blog posts criticizing various forums and my forum was one of them. That's the primary thing I remember when someone tried to be my forum enemy.

I've had two main resource forums in my lifetime and I never really had enemies in terms of competition, most resource forums offered their unique resources and services. I may have had one board try and copy my work, but I don't quite remember that far back.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds