Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

who is ready for "Ice Bucket Challenge"

adriatomy

Website
toddlersgamesbobsleigh.org
Credits
Now a days there is one topic which is prevailing on social media like fire." the Ice Bucket Challenge" . who's purpose is to promote the awareness about a disease "amyotrophic lateral sclerosis" who guys among you accepted the challenge and who is thinking of accepting the challenge?

Advertisement Placeholder
I've not been nominated. Although personally I'd rather give to the charity than pour ice cold water on me. I know people do both, I'd rather give the money than get cold

I've not been nominated. Although personally I'd rather give to the charity than pour ice cold water on me. I know people do both, I'd rather give the money than get cold

Yes I have to admit the thought of ice cold water on my head does not sound too good however what these people suffer when they have this disease is exactly what it feels like having the water on your head so I can understand why so many want to do it :)

Yes I have to admit the thought of ice cold water on my head does not sound too good however what these people suffer when they have this disease is exactly what it feels like having the water on your head so I can understand why so many want to do it :)
True, I see the logic behind it, but I still rather donate than causing myself some harm, mild as it may be.

People need to be educated about why the challenge was even created, rather than following the crowd. You were to either support the als foundation or cop out and do the ice bucket challenge, doing the challenge signified that you were not a donee of the als.

People need to be educated about why the challenge was even created, rather than following the crowd. You were to either support the als foundation or cop out and do the ice bucket challenge, doing the challenge signified that you were not a donee of the als.
That's not the case at all. Originally it began that doing the challenge meant you simply had to donate less, not nothing at all. There were no defined rules for the Ice Bucket Challenge, but I believe (based on the $100 Million plus that was raised) that most people did it correctly. When it's focus shifted from "cold water challenge" to "ALS Ice Bucket Challenge" was when Greg Norman did it on the Golf Channel. He dumped and donated, so I'd say every one that followed was correct.
It was fun, but I'm glad it's over.

I'm really torn on this one. There have been some tragedies that have happened due to the challenge and people have died. It is great to get some publicity for your cause, but you run the risk of ruining all the goodwill when you give the naysayers a chance to speak out against you.

It had a nice run, but I think it is time for it to fizzle out.

I have watched some good friends struck down in the prime of life with ALS. It is a horrible thing when your mind is still sharp and your body begins failing around you. There is promising research being done. This is a cause you can feel good to contribute towards.

I don't think the "rules" were meant to be followed so literally. It was a simple sentiment - either donate or help in other ways by spreading the word around via making the movement go viral. Not all people are in a position to donate $100 at this exact moment, but by making a video and sharing it with all their connections, they still helped raise money regardless. I think it was a given, when celebs did it, they of course made a donation as well, and it was likely more than just $100.

Personally I got a kick out of all the celebs who were trying to get Prince to do it, though I knew he wouldn't.

Donatella Versace's was one of the funniest imo. Of course she was dressed to the nines, with exotic plants and opulent vases in the background. But what was even more hilarious was she got the name of the challenge wrong, flippantly calling it the "ASL Challenge". I was in tears laughing at her video.

Now a days there is one topic which is prevailing on social media like fire." the Ice Bucket Challenge" . who's purpose is to promote the awareness about a disease "amyotrophic lateral sclerosis" who guys among you accepted the challenge and who is thinking of accepting the challenge?
I like to support good causes like the ALS but I think it's already earned the exposure it needed. In a country like mine where it's normal to rain incessantly throughout the second half of the year, the ice bucket's just icing on the cake. So I think it would be pointless to still do it at this stage. I'd rather donate directly to ALS and participate in ALS-initiated activities in my home country. No need to make a spectacle out of myself.

I have lots of friends that have done the challenge but I think most people these days are just doing it because it was the in thing for the moment now like everything else there is something else that is trending and people want to get there hands on that. I did not do it because I think that it was better to just send the money to charity and I did not have to do any challenge.

I have lots of friends that have done the challenge but I think most people these days are just doing it because it was the in thing for the moment now like everything else there is something else that is trending and people want to get there hands on that. I did not do it because I think that it was better to just send the money to charity and I did not have to do any challenge.
I think Patrick Stewart did the best Ice Bucket Challenge. You can see him writing a check, and then when the ice bucket comes out ... he grabs a piece of ice for his drink! I love it! I also agree that I would rather just write the check instead of getting dumped on with cold ice water.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds