Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Which one do you think the better? Frequent Visitors or New Visitors

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
Coolfacts.in has 94% new visitors and 6% frequent visitors.
I guess both has its own advantages. Lets consider about the scenario on which frequent visitors are more.
In that case the CTR will be less, considering that they already know which and where are ads and they will concentrate more on the content than the ads shown in the website. But new visitors are new to your website and there are more chances for them to click on the ads.

So what do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well it definitely depends on the type of website. Niche Adsense sites benefit a lot from new visitors because of the high CTR on ads but then forums are better off with repeat visitors. But overall, I'd say a steady stream of new visitors is better for your pocket :)

I would say it is always good to have an equal balance. You want members to return so you know you are doing right but you also want new members so that you are not stuck with the same ones all the time which would cause current members to be bored.

Yep Sam summed it up nicely. For an adsense based site, you need new visitors, since they don't get used to the ads too soon so you can get a better CTR for your banners/links. For a forum returning visitors are the key since you need members and these should be active. So it means they should come back at least every few days.

I like both kinds. Hopefully, my site is in a category where people will come to look for work at home opportunities, and Google rotates their ads periodically, so visiters will see a different work from home ad frequently. New and repeat visitors are fine with me.

I like frequent visitors, because I operate a forum, and I'd like people to be posting as much as possible.

In order to survive, your site needs both. But I would say frequent visitors are more important.

Better to have a loyal base rather than an ever changing one. And honestly, if your site is good, most of the new visitors turn out to be frequent anyway.

Depends of the niche and how you earn from that specific website. New visits are better for adsense based websites while frequent visitors is good for forums or community based websites.

You should really focus on having quality, worthwhile content. Having that will take care of the frequent visitor issue. A little advertising with take care of the new visitors. And when the new people see the actions of the frequent visitor, it makes it more of a chance of those new visitors to BECOME frequent as well

Also I prefer frequent visitors, because my ads are CPM ads and this type of ads are paying for every banner view - even if the visitor is clicking or not the ad. But returning visitors are also good, even better than new ones - if somebody return to my site, it means he/she like it :), and will return frequently, maybe :)

I honestly prefer frequent visitors because they're the ones constantly coming back to make posts on my site :)

Frequent visitors, definitely. While unique visitors can be hard to come by, if they don't stick around it doesn't count for much.

Frequent, you get to know people that show up more often and it's nice. I've never been a monetizing forum/website kind of guy so I don't really care about Adsense and what not.

I'd rather have 10 frequent users than 50 new users, they build up your content which in turn attracts users.. In my experience, a lot of posts/content attracts users more than the number beside the "members:" widget.

I'd rather have 10 frequent users than 50 new users, they build up your content which in turn attracts users.. In my experience, a lot of posts/content attracts users more than the number beside the "members:" widget.

I'd take you and Southern over new users at this current moment in time!

my site is more just a visited site because its just pics, i get alot of return visitors and its a good thing, you get a good name for yourself. of course you want new visitors

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds