Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Where do you make your website?

Jamiew2510

Renowned member
Credits
What program do you use to build an publish your site to the web?

I use Kompozer, mainly because it's free. It also has WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never made a website from scratch. I used to use the free website templates and edit those. Otherwise I will simply use a CMS like wordpress. Its way better compared to the work.

And as for the WYSIWYG editor, I never use those stuffs. It messes up the code big time. Seriously once you edited with those, any more customization is hell lot of work. It was those stuffs I used when I was a complete beginner in these areas!

I use notepad++ and firebug in firefox for all my editing stuffs! :)

When building I use dream weaver as it is a very simple design. I can have both code, and layout shown at the same time, and a live preview if I wanted to. For uploading I tend to just use my main hosting service.

When building I use dream weaver as it is a very simple design. I can have both code, and layout shown at the same time, and a live preview if I wanted to. For uploading I tend to just use my main hosting service.

You could also use Espresso if you're on a mac, they do live previews also or for Windows you can use a script called Livereload I beleive, but I do not know that much about that one.

And I would tend to use CMS's like WP and such to build my site but I am in the future wanting to gear more towards fully making my own site (Coded) it is just a matter of getting the time to sit down and study how.

When manually building websites, I always use dreamweaver(it's stupendously helpful), and I code it from scratch. Lately I have been using bootstrap from twitter to help out, but most of the time I have to completely code a few elements from scratch, as bootstrap doesn't cover it. Other than that, I also use WP and Xenforo(among other forum software), however lately I have been into theming a lot, and have been trying to custom code my own themes for said software :rolleyes:

Kompozer, I have to say- Looks AWESOME! That would definitely help people who aren't that great at html/css designing create something that looks good so that they can focus on the website backend... :D

I am using the Weebly editor with their prebuild themes, this is the most easiest to use website editor for me, and they have many professional themes to choose from - I love this editor and don't need other!

I used Dreamweaver, but there are cases that it will put unnecessary code in the page.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds