Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

When do you monetize?

Cierra

Credits
When do you monetize your site? For example, when you first start the site, after it's established, etc.

Advertisement Placeholder
Generally speaking, it's better to wait until you establish your website before you introduce ads, but I feel like this also depends on your goals as a webmaster. Plenty of website owners are simple hobbyists that have no intention of ever monetizing their sites, so for them, i guess the answer would be never. Then there are the younger website owners who have to clear out their PayPal accounts just to register their domains. For these people, it would probably make sense to start monetizing sooner, rather than later.

When I started off with forum then I had fixed a target before I placing ads, the target was 150+ active members, more than 1000 posts. I have started running ads for my forum once I hit the target.

I don't like putting ads on my site/ forum at all :p I do not think it makes enough money and it ruins the look of the site. If I was to put some on, I would wait until there is an active community. I also make sure not to put a massive ad right in front of everyone on the main page :p

I think a major mistake that some new forum owners do is place ads on their site right from the very beginning. The main goal when you start your site should to be to get (active) members, and having ads on your site is annoying. And besides, you're not going to earn very much revenue, so... what's the point? I think you should only place ads on active sites with lots of posts and members.

I would not start monetizing until you are getting at least 50 pageviews (20-30 unique visitors) on your site daily, but that's just my rule of thumb.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds