Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

When do you do virus scans?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When do you guys usually do virus scans? I try to get a virus scan in a few times a month. I always scan new files I download, even if I know what I downloaded. You never know these days. I also have malwarebytes and it usually asks me to do a scan every so often, so I do. But yeah, I try to get a few done a month, what about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have my virus checker set to do a scan once a week without fail so that I know I can keep on top of any issues that it may find. I also run CCleaner and Malwarebytes as well once a week around the same time as I have the virus set to scan so that I can get it all done in one blast and deal with any issues.

I don't bother with it. I am on Linux. While I know there is a risk, the risk is very low compared to Windows or Apple and almost never happens if you make sure to run your updates on time.

I have set my anti-virus to scan every 7 days, I don't do it manually. I have also enabled protection on my browser and it warns me everything I try to access suspicious sites. I use 360 Total Security

I have a Google Chromebook that has antivirus protection built into it. Though, having a secondary option probably wouldn't be that bad of an idea, although I mainly lurk on the same sites over and over again.

I scan my computer for viruses once every two weeks more or less, sometimes I do it also when it warns me that it has detected a possible threat, but if nothing is detected every 2 weeks.

I got so bored with it, and lazy to download ilegal versions of software, so I have 0 protection.

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds