Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What's you number one community concern?

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
When it comes to maintaining an online community, what's your biggest question or concern?

What do you need help with the most? Or maybe not even help but more of just a reasonable answer?

Let's talk, as a community, about what our biggest community needs are, and as a community, let's help each other!

Advertisement Placeholder
Right now, my biggest concern is keeping activity flowing. I would love for all of my staff to make daily posts on the sites I run. I have been trying to go to their sites daily and make posts, so it would be nice to have the same consideration. There is one staff member who does that, so I have to compliment her and I do appreciate her efforts even though it's a copy and paste on each forum she visits.

Right now, my biggest concern is keeping activity flowing. I would love for all of my staff to make daily posts on the sites I run. I have been trying to go to their sites daily and make posts, so it would be nice to have the same consideration. There is one staff member who does that, so I have to compliment her and I do appreciate her efforts even though it's a copy and paste on each forum she visits.

The more I get into communities, the more I realize how making XX amount of daily posts might be the wrong approach.

For example:

Instead of 5 staff members making 5 new topics every day and then having to figure out the next 5 new topics each day...

Alternative:

Create ONE really good engaging topic each day and ask staff to reply with an engaging reply that encourages further discussion.

I think that might be a great way to get your community started.

The more I get into communities, the more I realize how making XX amount of daily posts might be the wrong approach.

For example:

Instead of 5 staff members making 5 new topics every day and then having to figure out the next 5 new topics each day...

Alternative:

Create ONE really good engaging topic each day and ask staff to reply with an engaging reply that encourages further discussion.

I think that might be a great way to get your community started.

That's not an awful idea, but not everyone is interested in the same topics. Some topics just never take off even when you try to force it...and it could be brilliant. Sometimes timing is just bad too.

That's not an awful idea, but not everyone is interested in the same topics. Some topics just never take off even when you try to force it...and it could be brilliant. Sometimes timing is just bad too.
You really have to A/B test your content.

What topics do well and why? Analyze everything about it...
1. The topic title
2. The content
3. The ratings
4. The responses
5. The engagement

Figure out what made it so grand and then create a strategy with your findings for the next interesting topic.

And repeat.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds