Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What's the contact option you use on your forum?

Credits
When it comes to the kind to contact option you make use of on your forum, which one do you usually go for that works very well to your satisfaction?

Do you prefer making use of PHP, Bootstrap or Malito? I've heard where it's argued to use a forum with some sort of captcha to reduce spam.

Which one have always been your favorite?

Advertisement Placeholder
I just create a simple form where users can email me. They can leave their name, email with subject and what they want to talk about. The email will be sent to my email, and I'll eventually check it over the same day or the following day, of course depending on how many emails I have in my inbox that day.

I use only the email option for contact. For registered members, they can send private messages to other members, moderators, or administrators, unless these members have specifically blocked private messaging. I once added telegram support on my forum but I had to remove it because not only users were using it.

I use only the email option for contact. For registered members, they can send private messages to other members, moderators, or administrators, unless these members have specifically blocked private messaging. I once added telegram support on my forum but I had to remove it because not only users were using it.

It would even be more convenient for you to make use of Discord as your support channel chat application on your forum because I know a lot of people who make use of forums are usually on Discord as well, but you cannot say the same thing for telegram.

Creating a simple contact form for users to email you is a convenient way to receive messages and inquiries from your website visitors. Using PHP, Bootstrap, and Mailto can be an effective way to implement a contact option in forums, but it does require some technical knowledge and coding skills. Implementing these technologies requires understanding of PHP programming, HTML, CSS, and server configurations. It can be more complex compared to using pre-built form plugins or third-party services that simplify the process.

I just create a simple form where users can email me. They can leave their name, email with subject and what they want to talk about. The email will be sent to my email, and I'll eventually check it over the same day or the following day, of course depending on how many emails I have in my inbox that day.

Personally, I find the use of sending email option very useful because you will get a prompt notification immediately you have a mail sent from the contact us tab once it's used. You won't have to be online 24/7 all the time to follow up on such.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds