Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Site Management What's the biggest fallout you had with an ex staff member?

For discussions on the overall management and administration of websites and forums.
Credits
Staffs come and go but forum stays - it's like the old saying soilders come and go but barracks remain unmoved. There's always going to be a misunderstanding which might lead to a fallout between a forum owner and his staff(s). This might lead to the staff leaving their position effective immediately on the staff.

Have you had a bitter fallout with any of your staff member(s)? What led to the misunderstanding?

Advertisement Placeholder
There's been bangers but the top so far is a peer in fact who didn't get his way about upcoming changes such as a change of branding, and nuked his account (imagine what this does to interfaces messages when x person did this), suddenly withdrew without handing off any access to cloudflare (among other things) leaving the tech group scrambling and almost resulting in the other main tech quitting, left several groups of users and volunteers hanging and related messes. This was a large project, a community hosting communities so while there are related stories that one's probably the big one. It's also the most important, in terms of things getting too dependent on one individual who isn't the straight up owner (this is a shared group with an organization) and runaway burnout as he was vastly overstretched anyway.

Somehow the place not only runs but this isn't the first time something of the sort has happened, and it's still getting on fine.

I can't say I have the experience directly as the owner dealing with the subordinate, at least anything major enough to note (I have come in, cleaned up house and pissed some people off that way, up to the former staff becoming vagrants and spamming/trying to sneak back in - think I made the right call there?). I rarely hold that title anyway though.

There's been bangers but the top so far is a peer in fact who didn't get his way about upcoming changes such as a change of branding, and nuked his account (imagine what this does to interfaces messages when x person did this), suddenly withdrew without handing off any access to cloudflare (among other things) leaving the tech group scrambling and almost resulting in the other main tech quitting, left several groups of users and volunteers hanging and related messes. This was a large project, a community hosting communities so while there are related stories that one's probably the big one. It's also the most important, in terms of things getting too dependent on one individual who isn't the straight up owner (this is a shared group with an organization) and runaway burnout as he was vastly overstretched anyway.

Somehow the place not only runs but this isn't the first time something of the sort has happened, and it's still getting on fine.

I can't say I have the experience directly as the owner dealing with the subordinate, at least anything major enough to note (I have come in, cleaned up house and pissed some people off that way, up to the former staff becoming vagrants and spamming/trying to sneak back in - think I made the right call there?). I rarely hold that title anyway though.

That's crazy. I can't understand why some people can't just accept they will not get their way in everything the way they wanted it. Instead of them to accept such and move on or quit because they are not comfortable but they will choose to sabotage everything.

I see such people as mentally unstable.

I remember the first forum I joined back in 2004, I had found the forum through searching for information on something I was looking into that was tech-related. I decided to stick with the forum and become an active member there and would post there daily.

Eventually, I was offered a moderator job there which I took on but there was one staff member who was the head moderator at the time who had an issue with me, she would do everything she could to drag me down, make me look like a bad person although I hadn't done anything to mine or anyone else's knowledge that would cause her to be that way towards me.

Things got heated and we had a fallout and the owner of the forum decided to demote me based on this, a little later on I ended up banned to with no given reasons.

I later found out that the head moderator was having an affair with the owner of the forum and she got jealous believing that I was interested and wanted to take her place, that was not the case but that was what she got into her head.

The last thing I knew, the place closed down.

That's crazy. I can't understand why some people can't just accept they will not get their way in everything the way they wanted it. Instead of them to accept such and move on or quit because they are not comfortable but they will choose to sabotage everything.

I see such people as mentally unstable.
Needless to say my impression of him after that event dropped incredibly quickly.

There were signs and concerning behaviors, but he was still a very good worker and someone I considered a friend. Funny how you can miss or ignore these things until the worst happens.

Needless to say my impression of him after that event dropped incredibly quickly.

There were signs and concerning behaviors, but he was still a very good worker and someone I considered a friend. Funny how you can miss or ignore these things until the worst happens.
I can understand being in this type of situation and it's all because of what the friendship banner covers. It blinds you to so many things which under normal circumstances you would have reacted and taken care of sooner.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds