Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What's a sport you don't see as a sport?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Some sports, like eSports for example don't meet the traditional standards of a sport. And I was curious if there are other sports that we call sports, that you wouldn't call a sport yourself? I look at Golf for example, and I don't consider it a sport because of how low activity it is. I think some games like Bowling too aren't as sports heavy, same with games like Pool, and other such sports don't really feel like sports to me. But I still think they qualify as sports because I don't think all sports have to require physical exertion and all that. What do you think though?

Advertisement Placeholder
Ice Dancing 🙄🤣
It's like either skate with all the dangerous jumps and spins, or do speed-skating where you fly across the ice..
or dance.
Pick one.
Don't try to combine them. Nobody cares.
Hahaha

I have also wondered how golf is considered a sport. Usually sports is associated with adrenaline rush but that is lacking in this game.

Slap fighting is something that I will never consider as a sport in my life because there is nothing funny or good about that kind of activity that a lot of people are getting into right now simply because they are looking for ways to make themself relevant in the sports industry by exposing themselves to serious brain damage.

I have also wondered how golf is considered a sport. Usually sports is associated with adrenaline rush but that is lacking in this game.
I do not think that is so, sports have many more things for which they are considered sports, Chess for many people is a sport, the sport itself involves more than adrenaline, implies concentration, competition, reflexes and mental speed, good coordination, strength, dexterity, precision and in golf we can find many of these things for which an activity is considered a sport.

Ice Dancing 🙄🤣
It's like either skate with all the dangerous jumps and spins, or do speed-skating where you fly across the ice..
or dance.
Pick one.
Don't try to combine them. Nobody cares.
Hahaha
I see Ice Dancing as playing around and not a sports. There's nothing in it like an activity which justifys it to be seen as a sport. Skating is more of a sports than ice dancing because it requires high skills and coordination to skate.

Initially I did not regard scrabble as a sports. I used to see them as intellectual game between two or more person's until I saw it registered as a sports games in one sports event I attended..

Golf is definitely a sports and it's a big sports at that. Even though I don't like golf so much, I try to watch and follow up on it once in a while. Some people will consider it to be a boring sports and that can't be argued because of how it's played.

@Ja sa bong Agreed. I just see it as an activity (not sport) for skaters that are too afraid to become figure skaters. Hey I'm not judging, falling on the ice is a harder fall than falling on dry land, ever notice that? So then just be a regular dancer and be a pro on Dancing with the Stars or something. Nobody wants to watch people dancing on ice.
What would be interesting and somewhat enjoyable to see would be if one of these ice dancers actually fell during a routine. 😂

For me, games that do not require physical exertion are not considered sports. Of course, people train and compete, but in my opinion this is not a sport, but just a tournament in a certain type of activity, and this person cannot say that he plays sports

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds