Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What would cause password reset to not work?

Website
craftercraze.com
Credits
What would be some of the causes for a password reset to not work on a site?

Today I tried logging into a site where I've been before, and the password field was empty in my saved passwords. That was strange, but okay, I went to do the password reset. Then I waited. I checked my spam folder and there was nothing.

What could have caused a failed password reset?

Advertisement Placeholder
1 - Case 1: Google plugin
It is possible that website you sign up by login with Facebook or Gmail but this Gmail gets rude with your email so you create a new one and request for a password reset and then they say your account is not found, this is the case for example free cash or stake or 5sim
2 - Case 2: Email limit reached
Webmail has email limit set so email doesn't arrive set by provider and hoster

Things that can cause password reset not to work;Incorrect email or username,Spam or junk folders, Delayed email delivery, Blocked email service, Email Server or network issues.

Did you enter your email in correctly the first time around? Maybe it recognizes another email that you entered wrong. That has happened to a lot of people and continues to be a problem. Sometimes they sign up with what they think is their email, and find out later they forgot or misspelled it.

If you continue to have trouble signing in, you may want to reach out to the site owner and see if there is anything on their end causing it.

Did you enter your email in correctly the first time around? Maybe it recognizes another email that you entered wrong. That has happened to a lot of people and continues to be a problem. Sometimes they sign up with what they think is their email, and find out later they forgot or misspelled it.

If you continue to have trouble signing in, you may want to reach out to the site owner and see if there is anything on their end causing it.
You could for example have your email correctly and you sign up with google plugin and for some developers an account with firebase is not possible to reset password that let people sometimes lose access if they want to change email due to being rude with newsletter like on freecash one or 5sim.

I also do not know what exactly causes this problem but I have experienced this on a lot of forums and had to ask admin to reset password. I guess this is caused by the failure of email delivery system on the forum

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds