Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What were your sports coaches like?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I didn't play any sports in school growing up. But I respected those who were into playing a pro sport in school. I remember most of the coaches my school had, were pretty good from what I recall. And nice too. But if you played any sports, how was your coach? Was he/she good at what they did? Did they respect you as a player and a student?

Advertisement Placeholder
During my school days, we had this wonderful physical education teacher who encouraged many students to play at the national level. These students were academically very poor but the recognition they received in sports is still cherished by all.

One thing that was very common with my sports coach when I was growing up is that he was very demanding in terms of what he requires from his players to do and if you cannot be able to meet his requirement, there is nothing that is going to make him to even play you as a substitute in any match even if the team is losing.

I have been part of some football or basketball teams, but it was sporadic and I did not get to know the coaches in question very well, as for my physical education teachers, of the 3 I had, two were quite friendly and one looked like a sergeant.

Now speaking of the sport that I practiced the longest and I liked the most was rugby, which I played for 5 years with the same team, our coach was an Englishman who was quite passionate about this sport and a professional, it was a great experience and he was a great man, we almost won the regional league having started with a team from zero.

I have been part of some football or basketball teams, but it was sporadic and I did not get to know the coaches in question very well, as for my physical education teachers, of the 3 I had, two were quite friendly and one looked like a sergeant.

Now speaking of the sport that I practiced the longest and I liked the most was rugby, which I played for 5 years with the same team, our coach was an Englishman who was quite passionate about this sport and a professional, it was a great experience and he was a great man, we almost won the regional league having started with a team from zero.

Between Rugby and American football which one do you think is more aggressive when it comes to how it is being played because I've been looking at both of them but it looks like American football happens to be more aggressive because of the whole playing props that they wear to play their football. I never played Rugby and I'm intrigued by the sports.

Between Rugby and American football which one do you think is more aggressive when it comes to how it is being played because I've been looking at both of them but it looks like American football happens to be more aggressive because of the whole playing props that they wear to play their football. I never played Rugby and I'm intrigued by the sports.
Well, I haven't played American football although I have seen it a few times on TV, on the other hand I could talk to you from my perspective as a former rugby player, I think American football is a bit more aggressive, but that's why american football players wear some protection, not in rugby, I have been tackled while suspended in the air (which is considered a foul) by people weighing more than 100 kgs and take quite strong blows playing rugby (at that time I would be around 80 kgs of weight) also in the moments of rucks and mauls, I have come to have 5 people of more than 80kgs on top of me for a few seconds which was not pleasant at all, and much more as you can imagine, they are two quite aggressive sports, but you get used to it over time

During my school days, we had this wonderful physical education teacher who encouraged many students to play at the national level. These students were academically very poor but the recognition they received in sports is still cherished by all.
That's cool! Sports can be a gateway into a better life, that's for sure. If you have the talent to play certain sports, you could go very far with something like a scholarship.

I never played a sport myself, but the coaches for our teams were really nice towards me. I think my high school football coach wanted me to play American football, and so did a lot of my classmates, mainly because I was a big guy weight wise and they figured I'd be a good lineman. I also remember our wrestling coach often asking if I was interested in wrestling. I was never into the idea of it myself.

But looking back, I kind of wish I partook in sports more often.

I never played a sport myself, but the coaches for our teams were really nice towards me. I think my high school football coach wanted me to play American football, and so did a lot of my classmates, mainly because I was a big guy weight wise and they figured I'd be a good lineman. I also remember our wrestling coach often asking if I was interested in wrestling. I was never into the idea of it myself.

But looking back, I kind of wish I partook in sports more often.
I guess you may have been bigger than me, I weighed around 80kg at that time, and I played as flanker (right wing), my other teammates who played as full back and in defense in general were even bigger with weights close to 100kg, in American football I guess it will be the same.

Well, I haven't played American football although I have seen it a few times on TV, on the other hand I could talk to you from my perspective as a former rugby player, I think American football is a bit more aggressive, but that's why american football players wear some protection, not in rugby, I have been tackled while suspended in the air (which is considered a foul) by people weighing more than 100 kgs and take quite strong blows playing rugby (at that time I would be around 80 kgs of weight) also in the moments of rucks and mauls, I have come to have 5 people of more than 80kgs on top of me for a few seconds which was not pleasant at all, and much more as you can imagine, they are two quite aggressive sports, but you get used to it over time

The player who tackled you while being suspended in the air was really looking out to get you injured. There's a way you would have landed and it's going to be very disastrous as injury will be certain. It's one of the downsides of playing sports which are very aggressive. Broken legs and ACL injuries are the worst I have seen in football.

Swimming is the only sports I participated very much when I was in school and I had a swimming coach who was a great guy. I learnt everything I know today in how to swim from him. Today, swimming have become my favourite cardio exercise. I might miss gym but I won't miss my swimming sessions.

Swimming is the only sports I participated very much when I was in school and I had a swimming coach who was a great guy. I learnt everything I know today in how to swim from him. Today, swimming have become my favourite cardio exercise. I might miss gym but I won't miss my swimming sessions.

Personally, I go to swimming as a hobby and a thing of fun and not like my working out routine. I know that my body feels differently whenever I'm done swimming and it actually feels good but it wears me out completely at the same time. The last time I was at the pool, my legs pained me for 3 days before it stopped.

Personally, I go to swimming as a hobby and a thing of fun and not like my working out routine. I know that my body feels differently whenever I'm done swimming and it actually feels good but it wears me out completely at the same time. The last time I was at the pool, my legs pained me for 3 days before it stopped.

If you get used to swimming often, you're going to stop feeling worn out after swimming. Your body needs adapt to all the movement while in the water. If you go to the gym, practice leg workouts more. It will stop the pains you have in your legs when after swimming.

I only had two coaches and they were both very good people, but in my opinion they didn't have enough skills to coach kids. Maybe they could train adults, but they had a very strict approach to us and we were not yet very adults

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds