Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What was the first forum you joined?

Credits
Do you remember the first forum you joined? If so, what was the niche of the forum and what software did the community use? The first forum I ever joined was Glitch City, a community dedicated to documenting glitches in the generation 1 Pokemon games. It later documented glitches in pretty much any Pokemon game as well as other games too. The forum used Simple Machines, but it was shut down in 2010. There's a successor to the community on Discord, and I was going to be in charge of the new wiki but I got overwhelmed and bit off more than I could chew... So I handed it over to another person to take control of the site. I rarely visit the server since I prefer forums and was disappointed that they decided to go down the Discord server route... I joined GC back in late 2006 when I was 16 years old. I was a complete and total n00b and I'm surprised I never got any warnings. :V

Advertisement Placeholder
If I can remember the first forum that I joined was Forumwheel. It was owned by one person who made it a marketplace where writers can get forums where they share their ideas. I really enjoyed my time on it some years ago.

I firstly joined the forumcoin forum in the last year's September. The forum was and still working and paying till now.
It uses the phBB software.

I do remember the very first forum I joined. It was a technology forum that I joined back in around 2004 and it was on phpbb, I remember the theme being a grey color and it was pretty basic. I was a member there for nearly two years and did become a staff member at one point. One of the staff members didn't like me too much and got me banned for no reason. We later found out she was having an affair with the owner. Not too long after I was banned, they closed down.

Sure does imo :D
Actually, the very, very first forum I ever used was this junk on my first site in like 1999. No admin panel. You just entered a name and typed whatever you wanted. God, it was awful. Someone posted under my alias and revealed my REAL name, address, and phone number. I had purchased a domain and didn't know anyone could see the info. :(

The first forum I ever joined was an online dial up community that the local newspaper started as a beta testing program. I was one of 200 people selected to participate and it was really a lot of fun. A couple years later, the newspaper discontinued the site and refused to give the members the option to purchase it so we could continue with it. I'm still friends with quite a few of those members and this was over 20 years ago!

The first forum I ever joined was an online dial up community that the local newspaper started as a beta testing program. I was one of 200 people selected to participate and it was really a lot of fun. A couple years later, the newspaper discontinued the site and refused to give the members the option to purchase it so we could continue with it. I'm still friends with quite a few of those members and this was over 20 years ago!
Cool. Was it a BBS, or an actual website?

Oh nice! I had two BBS's spanning from 1993-1997 (when I got on-line). :cool:

Oooh awesome!! Those were the days, huh?

When the one I started at closed, there was a lady who was on there from Maine who had her own BBS and invited us all to go over there. There were a lot of connection issues though, so not many of us stayed. I won a mug though in a contest on her site and I still have it!

Oooh awesome!! Those were the days, huh?

When the one I started at closed, there was a lady who was on there from Maine who had her own BBS and invited us all to go over there. There were a lot of connection issues though, so not many of us stayed. I won a mug though in a contest on her site and I still have it!
Yes, great fun! I even paid $100 something for the complete source code (in C++) and starting doing my own mods. But, when I got on-line, I never looked back. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds