Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What questions do you ask when having staff applications?

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
As an administrator, recruiting new staff members is be a great way to improve your forum and keep things running smoothly. But it's important to ask the right questions when evaluating potential staffers to ensure that they're a good fit for your team and your forum.

What questions do you usually ask when you're having staff applications? I've got a few examples.
  • What is your experience moderating or administrating online communities? This will give you an idea of their level of expertise and whether they have the necessary skills to help manage your forum.
  • How would you handle a situation where two members were engaged in a heated argument? This will help you gauge their conflict resolution skills and their ability to handle potentially difficult situations.
  • What do you think are the most important qualities for a moderator or administrator to have? This will give you insight into what the candidate values in terms of teamwork, communication, and leadership.
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses when it comes to moderating or administrating? This question will help you identify areas where the candidate excels and areas where they may need more support or training.
  • How much time are you able to commit to moderating or administrating on a regular basis? This will help you determine whether the candidate has the availability and commitment necessary to fulfill their responsibilities as a staff member.
When evaluating potential staffers, it's important to look for individuals who are passionate about your forum's niche, have strong communication skills, and are able to work well as part of a team.

Advertisement Placeholder
Great questions. It's really important to make sure you are bringing the right people on board, especially for new forums just starting out that are looking for a team to build the foundations of a forum.

You could also ask 'What do you feel you can bring to the role/team?'.

The questions mentioned here seem pretty ideal to ask in a staff application. I haven't done many staff applications on my boards and prefer to hand-pick members of the community based on different aspects that I think would make them good staff members.

You could also ask "How long do you plan to retain this staff position?" to ensure they will be dedicated enough to stick with it and not run off after a short period of time.

• ¿Cuál es su experiencia moderando o administrando comunidades en línea? Esto le dará una idea de su nivel de experiencia y si tienen las habilidades necesarias para ayudar a administrar su foro.
  • ¿Cómo manejarías una situación en la que dos miembros estuvieran involucrados en una discusión acalorada? Esto le ayudará a medir sus habilidades de resolución de conflictos y su capacidad para manejar situaciones potencialmente difíciles.
  • ¿Cuáles crees que son las cualidades más importantes que debe tener un moderador o administrador? Esto le dará una idea de lo que el candidato valora en términos de trabajo en equipo, comunicación y liderazgo.
  • ¿Cuáles son sus fortalezas y debilidades cuando se trata de moderar o administrar? Esta pregunta le ayudará a identificar las áreas en las que el candidato sobresale y las áreas en las que puede necesitar más apoyo o capacitación.
  • ¿Cuánto tiempo puede comprometerse a moderar o administrar regularmente? Esto le ayudará a determinar si el candidato tiene la disponibilidad y el compromiso necesarios para cumplir con sus responsabilidades como miembro del personal.
Excelentes preguntas que ha elegido al reclutar a un miembro del equipo.

I like to ask if applicants have any past experience being staff on forums and which platforms they're familiar with. I also like to ask what time zone they live in, to see when they'll most likely be active on the forums. If it's for a moderator position, I will ask them if there was a time where they had to deal with conflicts and how they resolved the issue. This helps me get a better understanding on how they communicate with others and how they will handle troublesome members and situations.

I usually ask about:
  1. Previous experience they have on forums staff or member wise
  2. What they think they can bring to the forum
  3. What time zone they are in.
  4. How much time do they think you can commit to the forum.
  5. What are the qualities they think a strong community/team have.
  6. If there was a specific role I may also ask about conflict resolution, if they had the role before what were the difficulties of that role and what were their favorite things about it.

It's good to learn who the person is and use their strengths, and maybe build their weaknesses up if possible. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds