Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What makes your site better than your competitors?

Credits
In today's competitive online world, it's essential to have a website that stands out from the crowd. So, let's talk about what makes our sites better than our competitors!

Every website has its unique features, content, and design that make it stand out. Some websites may have better user experience, while others may have more engaging content. So, what sets your site apart from the rest?

Is it your unique design, your exceptional community, or your personalized approach to your visitors? Did you conduct research to find out what your audience wants, and then tailored your site to meet those needs? Or did you identify a gap in the forum/website scene and provide a solution that no one else offers?

Whatever it is that makes your site better than your competitors, let's share our experiences and insights with each other. By learning from each other's successes and challenges, we can all improve our websites and stay ahead of the competition.

So, what makes your site better than your competitors? Let's start a lively discussion and find out!

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't think I have to actually be "better" than my competitors, I just need to be able to prove myself competent and capable in doing what I advertise. When I go out to restaurants, there are enough varieties that I don't have to stick with the same one each time we decide to go out to eat. Maybe there are parts of other restaurants that are better than the others, but as a whole, none are the best in my eyes.

So, in what ways might I do a part of what I do "better"? I might guess that I'm good at graphics, but that's because I've been doing it for over 30 years. Are there other graphic artists on other promotion sites capable? Absolutely! I might not get the job because I don't offer enough "free" items that my competitors do. Does that make them better than me?

Not only that... offer more features/functions than your competitor... my site is a simple example. I have a link directory... and I have NO issues with linking to competitor sites... but some of those self-same competitor sites have issue with linking to "the enemy". My philosophy is, get the data where you can find it. Theirs appears to be "there is no place other than us". I also have a review and a showcase area that my competitors do not... not to mention the articles ability.

As I don't have a current forum, I will state all the things I thought made Atrium better than competitors.

- We found members outside of the snowglobe to participate - word of mouth was super helpful in this as well
- It was a good time to open, timing was important, people were still interested in forums but most were closing down.... Right time and right place
- Real discussions were welcomed - while there were times spammy posts were there, frequently it had a true community vibe
- We had graphics/codes available so for those who wanted to make a forum and be able to start one up, and we had the resources collected
- - this also brought graphic creators all to one place which was really fun to see the beautiful art and discussions people were having!
- Creative themes! We luckily had a few custom ones that were magical <3 One of my favorite things.
- Contests - We had some of the most creative contests and they typically had quite a few people participating, especially at the original opening
- Daily content was created - we had daily polls that opened up discussions, new topics, and etc as well

I really loved the community and the vibes we had! I thought that amongst all General Discussion forums we were definitely one of the best and it didn't come off as spam. I'm definitely proud of the community that was created with the help of all the members, and @Esper was one of the best people to work with as well. I think we had a great team that also pushed Atrium to the top.

As I don't have a current forum, I will state all the things I thought made Atrium better than competitors.

- We found members outside of the snowglobe to participate - word of mouth was super helpful in this as well
- It was a good time to open, timing was important, people were still interested in forums but most were closing down.... Right time and right place
- Real discussions were welcomed - while there were times spammy posts were there, frequently it had a true community vibe
- We had graphics/codes available so for those who wanted to make a forum and be able to start one up, and we had the resources collected
- - this also brought graphic creators all to one place which was really fun to see the beautiful art and discussions people were having!
- Creative themes! We luckily had a few custom ones that were magical <3 One of my favorite things.
- Contests - We had some of the most creative contests and they typically had quite a few people participating, especially at the original opening
- Daily content was created - we had daily polls that opened up discussions, new topics, and etc as well

I really loved the community and the vibes we had! I thought that amongst all General Discussion forums we were definitely one of the best and it didn't come off as spam. I'm definitely proud of the community that was created with the help of all the members, and @Esper was one of the best people to work with as well. I think we had a great team that also pushed Atrium to the top.
Atrium was the best. Yes, I think we did a really good job with the community and it felt like the last bastion of forums in our massive group of people. Then we all had to deal with IRL :D

@Reverie was the best admin partner one could ask for.

Atrium was the best. Yes, I think we did a really good job with the community and it felt like the last bastion of forums in our massive group of people. Then we all had to deal with IRL :D

@Reverie was the best admin partner one could ask for.
Real life definitely played a factor! Darn life lol. And aw shucks Andrew <3 Thank you. :)

I would say that I am not trying to be better than other sites even the ones that are in the same niche as mine but more so offering another place where people can come, share their creations, and gain support, advice, and even services that can help their projects thrive.

I believe in working with other owners of the same niche to help build forums up and also build websites and blogs rather than being in competition with them.

I offer something different than most general discussion forums, that being a roleplaying section. Will it actually gain traction? I'm not sure at this moment, because I just rolled out the feature a week ago. Maybe it's not something most have done before because it doesn't work, but I'm going to keep it and just try to get it to work. :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds