Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What makes you wish to be a Moderator?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
This is for people that are actually moderators or have been in the past. Administrator positions don't count here. :p

Essentially, what makes you volunteer your spare time to help out a community by means of being a Moderator? For myself in the past, it was a power aspect I admit (But this was then I was starting out with forums) but as I got around more I found it was just nice to do something..charitable I suppose. Help out a new community, post around a bit and all that. That what makes me want to be a mod though. :)

What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
I spent quite some time as a regular user and I would say that it would drive me nuts to see trolls or whatnot just mess up the flow of a nice flowing discussion. If i seen something that was against the user guidelines, i would report it. In fact thats how i became a moderator on a site i used to browse and post on

I love being a staff member just because I love to help people out. It's nice to see someone grateful that you are helping them carry the load. Let's just say I like being the Sam to your Frodo. ;)

Back at my NGG days I had no real interest in becoming staff, I was just very active and the founder Choloboy PM'd me asking If I wanted to take up the position.. I had no real need or want to join the team but I felt that the community needed an active moderator to relate too. I don't think any one has a "wish" to become a moderator, the position is just bestowed upon you and you either decline or accept the position. Also, I love me some extra permissions.

Back at my NGG days I had no real interest in becoming staff, I was just very active and the founder Choloboy PM'd me asking If I wanted to take up the position.. I had no real need or want to join the team but I felt that the community needed an active moderator to relate too. I don't think any one has a "wish" to become a moderator, the position is just bestowed upon you and you either decline or accept the position. Also, I love me some extra permissions.

Remind me never to give you any extra permissions. <3

I just love being apart of the team and being able to help out. I feel so helpless on forums where there's so much out of whack that I could easily fix if I were just a moderator. So, on forums that I'm really active on and see myself staying active on, I usually will wait for a mod position and apply :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds