Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What made you join your first forum?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
I guess, I joined my first forum because I was having too many doubts in programming. I don't remember where did I ask that! :/
So what about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
A friend told me to join this site so i did. Got moderator position in 2 weeks and adminship in 4 months. Complete control over a network site in 5 Months.

It was the official forum of a particular video game series which I was into back then, so yeah. Joined it for the game news and all that. Can't say the community's great though, ha.

It was almost 10 years ago. I joined karateforums.com to discuss about .. well, karate. I was a 'freshman' in the dojo and really needed a lot of information. I used to read many articles about my style and also started my first forum. Being in a martial arts community was a good idea after all, so I joined ASAP

Fairly certain it was 1999 or 1998 (middle school). I was in to phone pranks and stupid crap like that, so I joined the Blackout.com forums. After that it spun off in to other niche communities but Blackout was my first. Too bad the community is dead now though :(

I have always been one to yell at my tele or the newspapers when a story makes me angry - or get else get into heated discussion with strangers in pubs. Sky news used to have a TV advert "looking for an argument?" Well eventually I dipped my toe in the water - being pretty inexperienced in the internet full stop. I guess sky news forums were a baptism of fire - they could be extremely aggressive and no rules it would seem. Then joined a few other forums, many that were small offshoots of sky. I came to think I could do a better job so set out to do it myself.

I was using a program and needed help, and saw that they had this thing called a "forum" so I joined it. It turned out really awesome so I got really into it.

Basically I needed help/information on something I was doing at the time and stumbled upon a forum and it went from there really. Been into them ever since. :)

The first forum where I joined was called "Freezona". It was related to my ISP ,where all members were gathering and sharing free stuff between us.Good old times^^

I believe the very first forum I joined was in regard to video games. And if I remember correctly, one of the visitors said something that sort of beckoned me to reply. And as a result, I joined.

January 2009 is when I joined my first forum, well the first one I can remember to this day anyway. They were Swapitshop Forums for the popular trading site, Swapitshop which is a kids version of eBay really.

I think I joined those forums to get more sales done and to get general advice on them but this was years ago now. I don't really visit them much anymore as I haven't sold anything on there for years now. :O

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds