Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What kind of threads do you think will be very active?

Advertisement Placeholder
Controversal threads will be the most active- apart from a counting thread or a hello/goodbye one :) Something like "Who killed JFK?" or "Is pure Capitalism better than pure Communism?"

Quite often ones I wouldn't expect but generally anything with a humorous twist - like the bloke suing BMW for having a permanent erection (you will have to visit my forum for more info on that one lol)

Those threads like "What was the last thing you..." or "How are you right now..." are the ones that always remain active. It's the type of threads where people will almost always have something to post. And if you can't think up of a new thread, you might as well go post in one you can actually post in.

You simply need to ask yourself one question. If this wasn't my thread, would I reply to it?

A good thread should evoke thought. You can post six paragraphs but it won't mean anything if it's just a pile of facts. It needs to be something that people will disagree to, something people will want to debate over. Depending on your niche, there are lots of ideas for a good topic... A webmaster forum could have CakePHP vs Ruby on Rails, an automotive forum could have Automatic or standard?, and I could go on. Start by asking which of two products is superior, but get creative. Unique is always best in the webmaster world.

It should be said that thread activity or length does not necessarily equate to interesting content. Forum games, the bane of my existence, grow exponentially but provide zero value.

Honestly, my old forum had a topic called 'Why or why not?' where people were asked to give their reasons for the belief/disbelief in God.
21 pages of debate later...

Amazing topic, and it worked wonders to promote my old forum as a whole.

One I have got going well at the moment is "Can Muslims live in a non Islamic society" which seems on the face of it a simple question but has got quite a ding dong going on.

Honestly, my old forum had a topic called 'Why or why not?' where people were asked to give their reasons for the belief/disbelief in God.
21 pages of debate later...

Amazing topic, and it worked wonders to promote my old forum as a whole.

The only issue is its a very heavy topic and can be quite negative because people hold such staunch beliefs, which leads to abuse (in a way) of other members. However, that is an awesome number of pages in one thread :)

One I have got going well at the moment is "Can Muslims live in a non Islamic society" which seems on the face of it a simple question but has got quite a ding dong going on.

My wife and I are both Muslims residing in Melbourne, Australia.
My wife does like the idea of moving to a country with more Muslims, and I'm against it. At the end of the day, from simple ease alone we'll probably stay here anyway. We already have our daughters school (an Islamic school) picked out, too. :)

Honestly, yes. So long as such a society allows us the right to practice our religion freely, there's no issues.
I feel, as Muslims, we can and mostly do fit into what the West claims to be.

And...Oh God, such an infectious topic you started it here too! :/

The only issue is its a very heavy topic and can be quite negative because people hold such staunch beliefs, which leads to abuse (in a way) of other members. However, that is an awesome number of pages in one thread :)
Very detailed posts in it too. Everyone was more civil with one another than you'd have thought.
It was a great thing that I'm sure simply cannot be replicated.

My wife and I are both Muslims residing in Melbourne, Australia.
My wife does like the idea of moving to a country with more Muslims, and I'm against it. At the end of the day, from simple ease alone we'll probably stay here anyway. We already have our daughters school (an Islamic school) picked out, too. :)

Honestly, yes. So long as such a society allows us the right to practice our religion freely, there's no issues.
I feel, as Muslims, we can and mostly do fit into what the West claims to be.

And...Oh God, such an infectious topic you started it here too! :/

Very detailed posts in it too. Everyone was more civil with one another than you'd have thought.
It was a great thing that I'm sure simply cannot be replicated.

LOL - you are welcome to come over and join in if you want - there are a couple of other interesting threads there are well

I had a look at your forum before. I will outwardly say I love it!
I have holidays from work coming up in three weeks.
The only problem is full time work, paying attention to a wife/child/my friends is demanding. :(

Debating forums have to be a thing of the past for me for a while. I just can't get too involved.

On-topic threads should be the one sparking up conversations. I run an admin forum, couldn't care less about who killed JFK. My only connection to this is flying on and from the JFK Airport in NYC. Usually topics that allow members to speak from their experience, topics that ask a questions, where you don't babyspoon your members with information. Of course game threads and stuff like this would always be popular, since they take no effort, but it's not something I'd accept in my forum.

I guess that is one reason I choose a general forum as my site - I am interested in anything and everything pretty much and am happy to look at stuff I have never thought about. Obviously if the forum gets way bigger I wont read everything - I dont comment on all the threads there now although I do read them. It can be really surprising what sets people off.

A thread called, "Pics, links and madness!'. Basically a thread that anyone can post funny pictures or funny videos on YouTube. Keeps people entertained! :D

The most popular threads are almost always the generic ones such as the hello/goodbye, what are you eating or drinking or the counting threads if you have post count turned on for them which very little people do as it doesn't take much effort or time to participate in a forum game.

The most popular threads are almost always the generic ones such as the hello/goodbye, what are you eating or drinking or the counting threads if you have post count turned on for them which very little people do as it doesn't take much effort or time to participate in a forum game.
Another kind of very active threads are the meme threads.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds