Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What Kind of Hosting do You Use for Your Forum

Credits
My forums are hosted on shared hosting. I have been running forums for almost 2 years and have not experienced any issues related to bandwidth or disk space. I have often thought about upgrading my hosting but have never felt any necessity as my forums do not receive a lot of traffic and I don't collect financial details on my forums.

Advertisement Placeholder
VPS because I'm tired of dealing with shared hosting, and most recent stuff is on Cloudways (managed) hosting because I'm tired of doing system admin stuff, though I do still have stuff on unmanaged Linodes.

Shared right now but I might upgrade to a VPS soon. Still deciding what course to go and which host to go with since the support where I'm currently at, isn't near as good as it was.
Shared hosting is sufficient when first starting a forum, but all shared hosting is not created equal as you know. I was with Known Host for a month than one day I get a notice that I went over my disk space amount or something and they shut my massage forum down. I started another chat forum here recently and stumbled upon a hosting company called Verpex Hosting. They are a cloud hosting company as well as having other gistubg plans and based out of London, however they have servers all over the world. Including USA, South America, Asia, Europe, Korea etc. The ticket support is A plus, these people go out of there way to help you. I currently have the Gold Plan $14.99 a month, you get 10 websites, unlimited bandwidth and much more. Right now they're offering 90% off on the first month on the Gold Plan to get started. Check them out at Verpex.com. Highly recommend.

I had my forums and websites on shared hosting when I started out, but these days I run them all on a VPN as my websites and server needs have outgrown what shared hosting can provide. Don't get me wrong, shared hosting is a great when you're just starting out, but sooner rather than later you will probably need to move your forum to a VPN to avoid downtime and problems.

My site is currently running on a VM instance with Google Cloud. I also use Sendgrid for emails, Google workspace for inbound emails, then I also have a server which acts as a proxy for images.

I use a VPS that is running in California, with cloud-based backup and a CDN to hopefully keep some of the static content alive in case there are any minutes of downtime that might happen.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds