Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What is your consideration when adding ad on your site?

Pierre E. (Lancer)

Website
heedpages.com
Credits
How do you know how much advertising you should add to a page? Do you consider adding ads depending on the amount of text and multimedia content your page get or you just well placed a few ads that will not have high impact on site loading?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think it depends how many ads you wish to display and/or your website layout. I personally display advertisements in places that are empty or wont annoy the user if he sees the ad there (sidebar and after article/post).

I display ads before making posts; so, content will be written according to how much banner ad added and how i add them. I just make sure that i privilege the reading and add the ad at top for ad lover and at bottom for readers.

It is best to place only a couple ads but organize them in a way that is user-friendly. I believe blending in ads on the side or at the top of the page works really well but ads at the bottom of a page rarely get seen. Sometimes trial and error is the best way to go!

As i said before, i place ads before writing; so, i do exactly like you, Iludawg! I follow Google adsense guidelines and add banner where there's high CTR. At top because it is seen by everyone; at bottom, when user finish its reading; and at sidebar because user look there for menu and related contents. So, i consider how i can improve user experience and revenue till the beginning.

It really depends for me on what kind of ads I want to use and the kind of website/forum I have. I usually tend to add advertisements that are able to go into spaces on my page where they will not be in the way and will not clutter up the page and become annoying. I also tend to go for ads that are static rather than animated.

I focus on two things, one, my site has enough content, and two, my website is receiving traffic. We don't earn just for adding ads, we need traffic. Therefore., I wait until I have traffic on my site.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 3)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds