Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What Is Acid-Test Ratio and How Do You Calculate It?

Good-Person

Captain Junkie
Credits
We know that handling liabilities is very important for a company. This is where the acid-test ratio plays a role. Acid-test ratio refers to company's assets that it may possess and its ability to pay the debts or liabilities. So, how is it calculated?

Advertisement Placeholder
The acid-test ratio, also referred to as the quick ratio, is a liquidity ratio that determines how well a business can cover its most liquid obligations. Divide the amount of current financial assets, marketable securities, and accounts receivable by the present liabilities to determine the acid-test ratio.

The acid-test ratio, also referred to as the quick ratio, is a liquidity ratio that determines how well a business can cover its most liquid obligations. Divide the amount of current financial assets, marketable securities, and accounts receivable by the present liabilities to determine the acid-test ratio.

I think that acid-test ratio is one of the most important things. It helps businesses to evaluate their financial position in the market and their ability to pay the debts.

The acid-test ratio, also known as the quick ratio or the liquidity ratio, is a financial metric used to measure a company's short-term liquidity. It indicates the company's ability to meet its short-term obligations with its most liquid assets, excluding inventory.

The formula for calculating the acid-test ratio is:

Acid-Test Ratio = (Cash + Cash Equivalents + Marketable Securities + Accounts Receivable) / Current Liabilities

I never knew about this but I think your explanation is given me an insight to what it is and I will also check it online to know what exactly it is and how it works

Never heard of this term, perhaps because I have never worked in a finance department in big corporation. Thanks for explaining this financial term in layman's words.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds