Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What if another forum copies yours?

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
When you find another forum (that is younger than yours) with identical subforums and look, do you feel they are copying you? Or, do you welcome potential competition for your forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
Can't DMCA do anything about that?
To be frank I never cared about this till now. But google penalizing the sites with copied contents is going to be a issue in these cases.

I've had it happen before, same forum software, same theme, just moved the forums around a bit. I contacted the co-admin of the place who was a friend of mine and he quit that day along with most of the members he had brought over.

I am a forum wrecker, I handle stuff like this on my own so easy I've gotten a bit cocky. :p

I am going to be releasing a little blog article for success tips in the Internet industry. Stay tuned for that. It will help.

I don't know if I can do much about it...I'd probably ask the admin to remove the copied content.
Sometimes that doesn't work though and they'll play the "Oh I didn't know, sorry!" card and still keep the content up. You just have to deal with it sometimes unfortunately.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds