Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What happens to your forum when you'd pass away?

Advertisement Placeholder
This is very difficult question to ask. But I think in some cases, the forum die with it's owner. It's not easy to give an access to your forum to someone else except that person has know when he or she will die.

I have never had that sad experience, but once I get where I end up if there is an Internet Connection available. I will be sure to report back on my next steps. Seriously, I do have a booklet with instructions for my wife on how she can continue to milk my current income as long as possible and I have a Password Vault so she can withdraw what is there anytime she sees fit.

I actually told my family to give my craft forum to my friend who owns the Christian forum I run. He knows it's his too to do what he wants with it and has all the passwords and stuff. He's helped me so much with learning everything about forums and has been generous with his time so it's only fair that I give my craft forum to him if I pass.

This question is not that hard to anwer but I think before you pass away someone in your household must have known about the type of forum you operate atleast your woman and wife or children when you pass away they will take over the forum because its a business

At the moment the forum I own is co-owned with my boyfriend so I know that if I was to pass suddenly it would be in safe hands as would be the same if he was to pass suddenly. I feel unless you have someone that you trust to hand the forum over to before you pass, it would end up that the forum would eventually die with you unless someone was able to keep running it after you had gone. It's about finding someone trustworthy enough though and sometimes that is not always easy.

This was actually something I had to seriously think about last summer, as I was diagnosed with cancer and didn't know what my treatment would be like. My instructions were that if I died, my husband would contact the other administrators on my site and pass the site onto them.

This was actually something I had to seriously think about last summer, as I was diagnosed with cancer and didn't know what my treatment would be like. My instructions were that if I died, my husband would contact the other administrators on my site and pass the site onto them.

How unfortunate that you had to go through this - Are you fully cured by now ? How did your husband react on the instructions? Is he familiar with forums and doing administrative work?

How unfortunate that you had to go through this - Are you fully cured by now ? How did your husband react on the instructions? Is he familiar with forums and doing administrative work?
Thanks <3 I'm not exactly cured, but I'm in what's called NED (No Evidence of Disease), since my cancer has a high risk of returning at any time.

I'm kind of weird and always have back up plans for everything - and sometimes back up plans for back up plans. He wasn't totally surprised. He's somewhat familiar with forums, but has never done administrative work or anything.

Thanks <3 I'm not exactly cured, but I'm in what's called NED (No Evidence of Disease), since my cancer has a high risk of returning at any time.

I'm kind of weird and always have back up plans for everything - and sometimes back up plans for back up plans. He wasn't totally surprised. He's somewhat familiar with forums, but has never done administrative work or anything.
I hope it never returns and you're able to enjoy life for a very long time. ❤️

I can imagine your husband being a bit overwhelmed with the duties you had setup for him, all the better he doesn't need to perform them of course.

I don't have a backup plan. I am also worried about going to jail for driving without license. I don't think I will get jail time, but I don't want to the forum to lose hosting or to lose the domain name.

I suppose I need a backup person to manage things. It's tough to find people I trust, but I think I might be able to pay someone who is on Promotion forums. Well, for sure, I need to find some way to back up my site. I haven't even researched that yet.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds