Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What do you think of Promotion Forums?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
Do you like them?
I like promotion forums, but I will never start one I guess.
That's because, it actually is just an advertising platform.
People will come to promote their websites and never actually care about discussions.
It's a fail, as the whole point of forums are to engage in discussions, not just advertising :/

Well what do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
I like them somewhat. They only work with some types of forums though- gaming, promotion, admin, webmaster, blackhat, money making etc.

Promotion forums are for just that, promotion.

The problem is that there are too many of them. I mean, You could post on one, and miss the vital audience your forum is trying to achieve on another.

Exactly there are a heap out there but thats cause they're so easy to start!! You can easily get a few thousand posts on a promotion forum HOWEVER over the long run most promotion forums die out at around after 15 thousand posts or so..... The only one that gets going is FP....

So if you're starting one, your best bet is to sell it at around 5 thousand posts or try to make it into an admin forum....

I don't mind Promotion Forums, honestly, and don't mind how many there are because that's just one more site for me to promote on. The one thing I've run into is that on most promotional sites it's always the same people on them. You would think this would be a problem, but actually I've actually noticed it does have some advantages. Say for example I promote on Forum Promotion and then go to another promotion site that has the same basic member base. My ad won't necessarily be noticed on FP by the same people, so by posting on the other promote site, I may catch the eye of those who may not have noticed my ad on FP.

I doubt that made any sense, but basically it has promotion forums have their advantages despite maybe having the same member base.

I understand you completely. When you promote on as many promotion forums as possible you will find that the important posters on the forum will see yours and you're hoping to entice them to your forum as well... But I don't think you get "important very active" posters from promotion forums...

I've always quite enjoyed promotion forums but not so much with the ones that you just know are going to fail the moment you first look at it, no domain name, a poor host, and not to mention when they open with all of their services offline.

Also when they open it without any content or next to no content, unless you have a hard working staff team to help fill it up as soon as possible then you aren't really off to a good start at all and it might just set the tone for the rest of your forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds