Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What do you think as the biggest mistake in blogging?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
Writing about almost everything in all available areas. That way you are choosing to waste your time as well as your effort. In my opinion, that will get you nowhere as your website has no targeted keywords. And it will not rank anywhere near the first page on google or other search engines.

I see lots of start up bloggers are making this mistake!

Advertisement Placeholder
I would say irregular posting- that would really annoy a reader base... If you don't have time to post regularly, don't do it!

xpl0iter: I will admit to being guilty of what you have labelled as the biggest mistake of blogging, though in my own defense I will also say that I blog for myself and the love rather than any kind of 'audience'.
I don't know, maybe I'm a bit of a n00b, despite blogging for several years now. It's just, I write about what interests me, for me, as my blog is something personal.

I'd say the biggest mistake in blogging is copying and pasting articles, and just slapping up a source link, tbh.

Thinking it is an easy short cut quick fire way to instant money, success, traffic etc

xpl0iter: I will admit to being guilty of what you have labelled as the biggest mistake of blogging, though in my own defense I will also say that I blog for myself and the love rather than any kind of 'audience'.
I don't know, maybe I'm a bit of a n00b, despite blogging for several years now. It's just, I write about what interests me, for me, as my blog is something personal.

I'd say the biggest mistake in blogging is copying and pasting articles, and just slapping up a source link, tbh.
For a personal blog I guess its ok. I mean no one starts a personal blog with the aim of monetizing it!

Writing about almost everything in all available areas. That way you are choosing to waste your time as well as your effort. In my opinion, that will get you nowhere as your website has no targeted keywords. And it will not rank anywhere near the first page on google or other search engines.

If you have a big name on the Internet and people are searching your blog just because it's yours, I think you can get away with this. Even if you have a lot of Twitter friends (friends == not people you pay to follow you), that's probably enough to get a decent amount of interest.

I would say irregular posting- that would really annoy a reader base... If you don't have time to post regularly, don't do it!

I think since almost everyone uses an RSS reader now, that isn't a huge issue. They'll probably delete your blog if you let it sit for a terribly long time, but it's less of an issue than it once was.

The biggest mistakes are made by people who only want to make money. They plaster their site with annoying ads, they rewrite existing content, they use RSS importing tools to steal from other blogs... What people really need to know is that your readers are human. You wouldn't come back to a site that looks like a get-rich-quick attempt, neither will your visitors.

Another one is when people who can hardly speak English try to start something for the purpose of money making. I see sites like this a lot in the DP marketplace. If you can't speak a language, don't start a site in it. I'm sure your native language has lots of potential readers too.

Bad design and free hosted blogs would be the biggest. If you can't be bothered to pay few bucks on a domain name and a small shared plan, I won't be bothered to waste time on the blog. A bad design really puts me off. The biggest mistake (one I've made myself too) is not being consistent with the posting. if you're not active, you won't make it

General blogs were popular years ago, very few successful ones still exist....

Pretty much my opinion. You need solid niche posting(gaming is a good example) with rich content that invokes reader commenting and makes the reader want to read more upon your next blog. Otherwise you'll just be posting to nobody :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds