Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What do you tell your staff?

JewishPoptart89

Loyal member
Credits
Many staff teams operate in completely different ways.

How do you train your staff members, and what guides lines do you set for your staff?

What makes a good staff member, and do you usually get people you know to be staff, or how do you find staff members?

Advertisement Placeholder
Finding suitable staff for websites is tough. It's far more difficult if the staff does not get paid.
Personally, I let people know that I am looking for staff and that I am accepting applications. After the deadline, I check if everyone meets the requirements. People with inappropriate behaviour always get rejected. In the end, I select people who are capable, willing to help and mature. Of course, previous experience is extremely advantageous.

In addition, I do not believe that there are good staff members. Let me explain this. One staff member may be professional and polite, but also inexperienced. Another person may be experienced, but not sociable and friendly. The best staff member is the one who can combine the experience and the professionalism with the willingness to help and to have fun without making any mistakes. However, that's not realistic. We are humans and we always make mistakes. There is not a good staff member, there is a good staff which is composed of numerous different people who work hard, try their best, make mistakes and try to fix them.

Of course. Inexperience is not always a disadvantage. There are other things which are even more significant like professionalism, maturity, willingness to help etc. But experience is always a plus. :)

I has been working alone since a long time, since 2008 , I have done a year of collaborative working in 2013 but i stopped, because the chief of the project was :
- Helpful.
- He provided as ( me and the three people who were working withe me ) Free Hosting.
- The most new SEO tools and Internet Marketing courses.
- Free to work anytime, just we had to do the job as good as we can.
We had to stop after a year, because of moving to a bigger project, and sold the brand name to a company in Dubai Cilicon Valley.

That what made the Chief of the project a good one and encouraged to work more and more.

Well, I don't have any yet haha so I can't exactly say but I guess I would tell them what I expect from them and what I want to see but also leave room for them to be themselves. No one likes a naggy boss!

I did train my staff members. When a new member joined, I went through each rule them and what punishment to issue if a user breaks it. After moderation training, I said try to be active on the forum and I watch how do and see if they make any mistakes from what I have told them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds