Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What do you set your Maximum attachment file size to?

cdub

Recognized member
Credits
XF defaults it to 1024 but that seems low if people upload images. I want to set it higher but don't want to get it abused. I guess maybe we don't have to worry about bandwidth as much as in the early days? I'll set to 5024 for now.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have mine gradually go up as people post. Starting at 2 MB. But after just 25 posts, it goes up by 1 MB each tier. Ending around 7 or 8 MB for free users, and paid subs get 10-25MB depending on tier starting at just 2.5/mo.

Though . . . I may change it to start at 4 MB and then go up again. (Once we're on our final host. We're on a temporary one for a month or so. Thankfully to cPanel we can migrate the sites to new host easier iirc)

The only issue with using remote hosting sites.... is what happened with PhotoBucket (broke the internet) and lately imgur.
Prefer to keep the images hosted locally if possible...if I have to later, I can use CloudFlare's R2 or even Amazon S2.
Yea, I have R2 setup, 100gb of storage isn't that bad. According to my calculations, that's only 1.50/mo. So that's what, $7.50 for 500gb? Not bad.

@Ravenfreak - Like what Tracy said, its nice to have a bit more control over images, just in case imgur does even more changes. IIRC they are removing NSFW images on imgur, but what if they decide to do more down the road, like "older than 6 months" or "older than 12 months" of low views?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds