Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you love about admin forums?

Resolute

Credits
I love admin-related forums like AdminJunkies and AdminBrave. I think they are a great resource and a great way to build a network of admin forums for webmasters of all kinds of websites and forums. I have actually been in the process of setting one up also!!! (It will launch soon!) When I do, I want to promote other admin forums also on it. That's the beauty of forums. You can network to help each other grow and reach more people.

What I love most about admin forums is they have been, in my experience, the most fun forums to be on. The ones I am on have friendly members and everyone has always been welcoming. That's the kind of community I enjoy being a part of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement Placeholder
I like the tips and tricks that are shared, any new information found on these types of forums is invaluable. Also, the different forum sections with a wide variety of topics to not only learn from, but also join in on and share knowledge with other members.

Being on forums for over a decade, I am pretty attached to these type of forums. They do indeed help admins connect together to form a network that allows us to share tips with one another, support one another, and promote one another. It’s really nice to converse with fellow admins to see how they manage their forums.

I love how easy they make it to catch up from the last time you visited with just a few clicks, so I can stay active on the posts I found interesting. The only other forum I use daily is Forum Coin, where I just got recognized for my 7 Year Anniversary (the Forum itself is only 10 years old) and I hope to be around long enough to reach that point here.

I love admin-related forums like AdminJunkies and AdminBrave. I think they are a great resource and a great way to build a network of admin forums for webmasters of all kinds of websites and forums. I have actually been in the process of setting one up also!!! (It will launch soon!) When I do, I want to promote other admin forums also on it. That's the beauty of forums. You can network to help each other grow and reach more people.

What I love most about admin forums is they have been, in my experience, the most fun forums to be on. The ones I am on have friendly members and everyone has always been welcoming. That's the kind of community I enjoy being a part of.

The best things I like about admin forums is that it gives everyone the chance to learn about different topics. The community and camaraderie between members is excellent.

I love the forum because of its freindly interface and how the script is been design its a good forum which I know and I beleive there will be many things that will motivate more people to signup here in the future so I will recommend admin forum for people around me

I love that on Admin Forums I can not only find out great information from other admins but also share my own experiences and information with other admins as well. Being part of admin forums lets you get to know and network with other admins as well as other members who are part of these communities and it gives you more access to tons of different experiences from many other people. I have learned so much in the past that I would not know had I not been part of admin forums and I am forever grateful for that.

Admin forums and forum support places are the only places where forum admins of all types come together and we get to see all the different takes there are to be had on forums across the world - it reminds us what brings us together rather than what divides us.

Admin forums and forum support places are the only places where forum admins of all types come together and we get to see all the different takes there are to be had on forums across the world - it reminds us what brings us together rather than what divides us.
One of my personal takes, however, is that not all forum admins should be treated equally.

Are there many takes to be had on forums? Maybe. But are they all successful or good practice? Not really.

Our level of understanding, especially among the hobbyist market, is based on outdated thinking that literally hasn't evolved from 20 years ago. We think installing plugins, installing pretty themes, nd doing forum promotion in the same circle of forum admins is going to help us break out.

There's very little understanding of disciplines like psychology, sociology, organizational behavior, and competitive strategy -- these are real disciplines with best practices in the rest of the world that we haven't scratched.

Absolutely. I just see the 'different takes' as a starting point, not the finishing point, and I firmly consider myself a lowly student in the artform. As Dr. Watson remarked to Holmes in A Study In Scarlet, quoting Alexander Pope, 'the proper study of mankind is man'.

The thing about the hobbyist market, though, is that they're doing it for *fun*, and most of the people in that market simply don't want to invest the level of time and study into just having a place to hang out with other people because... they just want a fun, reasonably relaxing hobby. They're not in it for the competition or the study, and I think that should be OK.

The thing about the hobbyist market, though, is that they're doing it for *fun*, and most of the people in that market simply don't want to invest the level of time and study into just having a place to hang out with other people because... they just want a fun, reasonably relaxing hobby. They're not in it for the competition or the study, and I think that should be OK.
As long as they know that the forum admins that they participate in for advice aren't actually helpful. They're great places to hang out, they're nice places for social conversations, but the actual value of content and advice is low.

One personal take that I struggle with is how forum admins pretend that they're actually trying to help. When, in reality, they often regurgitate the same misguided advice (let's talk about SEO optimization when you literally have no valuable content to even optimize! Let's talk about what plugins to install to make your technology unique when you have no unique strategy!).

This is largely why I've opted out of such conversations at this point. Nothing I have to say is going to be that helpful - if it ever was, it was accurate for a time that isn't really relevant any more, and I am no longer interested in building a community or community tools.

I will disagree that forum admins 'pretend' they're trying to help. They aren't pretending, they think they *are* helping.

One of my personal takes, however, is that not all forum admins should be treated equally.
Well... you have those admins that are technically competent when it comes to the actual administering of the script and the hosting it's ran on (VPS/dedi specifically)... then you have those that are great on figuring out how to create content that drives traffic...
RARELY do you have an admin that can do both..... the IPS support site is a classic case of that. Most of the admins over there don't deserve the term of "admins"... they are more "managers".

As long as they know that the forum admins that they participate in for advice aren't actually helpful
Not necessarily true.. the issue is that in many cases, Admins may not choose to help on a 3rd party site since there is usually no way to validate if the person requesting help is an actual license holder or not... I prefer NOT to help out someone that is running a pirated copy of a script.

When, in reality, they often regurgitate the same misguided advice (let's talk about SEO optimization when you literally have no valuable content to even optimize! Let's talk about what plugins to install to make your technology unique when you have no unique strategy!).
And here you fall into that fatal trap... not ALL admins are concerned about SEO or such... some are actually in it because they enjoy the simple fact of running and maintaining a site with no concern about "how much traffic I can get and how much I can make from ads, etc".
I think we all eventually learn that we have to have a plan/strategy on content creation.... But once more.... not everyone runs their site with the intent to "rule the world". Some simply run their sites on a paid forum script because it gives them somewhere to post content without worrying about "butt-hurting" an admin and getting their posts/content blocked.

There is MUCH more for many than simple SEO/content concerns... in many cases, there are Admins that are actual administrators that run not only the script, but manage the core underpinnings that support that script. Those have concerns that those "managers" can't answer.
Then you have those that will detail benefits of certain add-ons for specific use cases.

Where I see a site like this (or any admin site) is more for general discussions of pros/cons of scripts, and getting help at the base level of actual server administration. Many of us refuse to provide detailed script support on a site like this because, as I mentioned earlier, WAY to many folks pirate scripts and go looking for support where they can get it since most are blocked from getting it on the actual script support sites.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds