Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What do you look for in a hosting service?

Credits
Choosing the right hosting service for your website can make all the difference in the world. The hosting service you choose will determine the speed, reliability, and overall performance of your website. So, what do you look for when choosing a hosting service?

These include uptime, speed, security, and customer support.

Uptime refers to how much time your website stays up and running. The higher the uptime percentage, the more reliable and dependable the service. Speed is a big deal, too. A fast-loading website is key for delivering a sick user experience. Plus, security is a must. Regular backups, SSL certificates, and malware protection are all important for keeping your website and user data secure. And finally, customer support is key for resolving any issues or questions you may have about your hosting service quickly and effectively.

So, what do you look for in a hosting service? Let's hear it! Share your thoughts and experiences with the community!

Advertisement Placeholder
Since I don't make much money off my site, I usually look for free hosting. I've been with freehostia for a long time but finally upgraded to a paid plan with them, when my traffic outgrew their free limits. I still use the free plan for my other sites, and they have very reliable uptime. I don't think I've ever visited any of my sites and had them down or running slow.

I look for the following when looking for webhosting provider
  • How much space and bandwidth
  • Whether is supports changing the php version
  • Whether or not it has offsite or onsite backup
  • The type of control panel they have.
  • The cost monthly or yearly. I'd prefer to get deal vs getting ripped off on price

Customer service and reliability are big ones. Other factors include space and bandwidth, and price.

Personally, I prefer vps and dedicated over shared. I am a fan of BuyVM for that reason, you get unmetered bandwidth, reliability vps hosting and a free DirectAdmin license that you can use on your vps. I also like OVH for vps and dedicated, their prices and resources you get for the price is reasonable. I also like Level One Servers for colocation, they have cheap colocation pricing in Dallas, TX and Tampa, FL.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds