Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What do you guys think of owning a dating website?

Christopher1

Addicted member
Credits
I've thought about this for a long time and it still keeps me up at night due to the success of plentyoffish, match, etc. What do you guys think of owning a dating website? Have you ever considered it? Why or why not?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think there are just way too many dating websites out there now to the point it would be impossible to compete.

I've never considered it. I think it would be WAY too much work. I don't think I'm ready to take on a task like that. xD

I do think that it's a good idea because think of all the single people out there who want to meet people. Heck the app Tinder really took off, so I'm sure that if you thought of a good idea, you would be able to make one as well.

There are many dating websites outhere, but if you can think of some unique ideas in order to attract audience, then you should probably gain much revenue and succeed. ;)

My friend owns one of these, not so much dating but more about relationships as a whole. There is a place to meet people on there though but mostly it is for people in long distance relationships be it job, military, or citizenship reasons.

This is an interesting topic, so I'm bumping it up.

I'm sure I've thought about owning a dating website in the past, but there's no doubt that it would be a daunting task. There are tons of dating websites on the internet, so it's definitely an over saturated market. If anything, the rise of dating apps like Tinder make that even more so. Nowadays, a lot of the dating websites I'm seeing promoted are dedicated to a specific demographic. For example, there's the Farmers Only dating website that I see commercials about all the time. Then there's Christian Mingle, which has advertisements littered all over the internet.

How about make one with multiple sections. As well as forum so people can ask questions and just talk.

Big competition, not really much inovation or room for it, but it can make you some quick money as long as you have female members if not, then no money or new members.

There are quite a few dating sites out there that are really successful. However, I would never personally own a dating site because that could be rather a big legal issue if something was to happen to a user of the site. Owning a dating site could place some people in danger due to the fact you really have no idea who's on the other end. If something were to happen and the law enforcement get involved you would have to cooperate and offer them all information regarding to both accounts possibly involved in the crime. I could be over exaggerating but sites like that just seem so sketchy and not secure to me.

To many successful dating websites. Now, picking a good "genre" that some already hasn't done is very difficult. There are a lot of very successful websites that are already there and you need think what's going to be different about your site.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds