Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you do when you catch employees on their phones or playing games?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Lets say you run a business with a few employees. And lets say one day you catch one employee on their phone over and over. You warn them to cut it out, but they keep getting caught doing it. What do you do? Do you make rules that block the use of their phone during work hours? DO you request they remove their phone and put it away? Or request they close it up in their work locker or in their desk?

And what do you do if you catch a worker playing games on the work computer or their phone even?

Advertisement Placeholder
The most important thing for me is the complete the task. If the worker has completed the task that is assigned to him, what's the problem with playing games during office hours.

I'm not a very aggressive boss and I understand everyone who works for me because I was like that too, I don't know why they reacted harshly to me when I was distracted by my smartphone because all the work was done, of course it's hard to see because you pay him money and he plays games but how is he completed the planned work and there are no customers, then I cannot and do not want to tell him anything

I would not suspend them. Using phones while at work is not a really big offence. I would tell them in a friendly manner to stop using phone, as this may not be allowed in the first place. This is something employees may need to understand. many workplaces may not allow you to use phones.

I can understand that most times, people get bored even at work. However, you do not have to rub it in people's faces. It is okay to glance at your phone once in a while. If I catch an employee in the act over and over again? I would simply warn them if they persist, rules will be set in place.

I would not suspend them. Using phones while at work is not a really big offence. I would tell them in a friendly manner to stop using phone, as this may not be allowed in the first place. This is something employees may need to understand. many workplaces may not allow you to use phones.

So, what happens when your employee was on his phone playing video games while you have a customer chatting up your business contact to purchase products that are likely to be worth of $1000 but your staff didn't take the chat because he or she was playing video game. You know how games will take away your mind from reality. Hours later, you will chat the customers only to find out they have bought from another company. What will you do to your employee? Just warn him or her?

So, what happens when your employee was on his phone playing video games while you have a customer chatting up your business contact to purchase products that are likely to be worth of $1000 but your staff didn't take the chat because he or she was playing video game. You know how games will take away your mind from reality. Hours later, you will chat the customers only to find out they have bought from another company. What will you do to your employee? Just warn him or her?

Well, the fact remains that it depends on the offence committed while they are at the job. If they are supposed to handle such kind of customers and if they fail to do so, then in that case, they may face heavy fines, if not getting suspended. This might be a better alternative solution.

Well, the fact remains that it depends on the offence committed while they are at the job. If they are supposed to handle such kind of customers and if they fail to do so, then in that case, they may face heavy fines, if not getting suspended. This might be a better alternative solution.

Whatever it is very obvious that you are not serious about working for me which is always going to be costing me customers and also money because I will end up paying you by the end of the month or whenever it is time for me to pay you, there is no need for me to keep that kind of person working for me.

I will have the person sacked and employ another person that is going to be very committed and dictated in carrying out his duties.

Lets say you run a business with a few employees. And lets say one day you catch one employee on their phone over and over. You warn them to cut it out, but they keep getting caught doing it. What do you do? Do you make rules that block the use of their phone during work hours? DO you request they remove their phone and put it away? Or request they close it up in their work locker or in their desk?

And what do you do if you catch a worker playing games on the work computer or their phone even?

There is a stated fine for using your mobile devices at the workplace when you shouldn't be doing so. So, when supervisors catch you, there is no point arguing as you will pay the attached fines that are there most of the times.

There is a stated fine for using your mobile devices at the workplace when you shouldn't be doing so. So, when supervisors catch you, there is no point arguing as you will pay the attached fines that are there most of the times.

I wonder why some employees will know very well that there are consequences to whatever they do in their workplaces but they will still be interested in engaging in those things that are against their company's work policies only for them to start complaining that they have been mistreated.

If they get their work done on time and do it in between working without it being a cost to the business, I would not make a big deal about it. If they are doing it while a lot of work needs to be done, I will warn them and if they choose to continue doing it then I will tell them to go home and come back when they are ready to work. No pay. If they choose not to come in to work after a few days, they are fired.

If they get their work done on time and do it in between working without it being a cost to the business, I would not make a big deal about it. If they are doing it while a lot of work needs to be done, I will warn them and if they choose to continue doing it then I will tell them to go home and come back when they are ready to work. No pay. If they choose not to come in to work after a few days, they are fired.

Some people need to understand that when they come to the workplace, their priority is for them to work and make sure that they meet their target for the day irrespective of any other thing that they want to do. There is always a break time for them to use and do whatever they need to do that is personal to them. Once it is back to working hours, they need to respect that for the office.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds