Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What do you do if you don't get on with another member?

22_22

Reputable member
Credits
As a member point of view, what do you do if you are not getting on with another member? Do you try and see past it and talk about it or do you stay well away from them to safe possible trouble?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have this issue currently. I just try and ignore them and be 'civil' and if the worst comes to the worst I will talk to the admin and see if I will possibly leave the forum and find another one.

I say fuck it and stick around. Shouldn't let one member ruin your time, plus if you keep at them they usually leaves themselves.

I am an administrator's nightmare.

Even though I don't like xenforo that much... I have to admit that I like what the ignore feature can do.

Used it a few times on another forum, the experience was once again pleasant (until I later left).

I would use the ignore feature should the forum had one and if they don't, I will use my mental powers to ignore them instead. ^_^

I find it hard to stay on the forum if he constantly attacking me or trolls me. Ignoring is not my thing, either I am going to ignore that forum or I am going to fight back. Later wouldn't be wise but still. :(

Anyway the good thing is, I never had to face this situation yet.

I find it hard to stay on the forum if he constantly attacking me or trolls me. Ignoring is not my thing, either I am going to ignore that forum or I am going to fight back. Later wouldn't be wise but still. :(

Anyway the good thing is, I never had to face this situation yet.

I can make this happen. Invite all the trolls!

I would usually fight back in polite words if what I need to say is right...or else just ignore them and ask a Mod or admin to look at the threads and take their decision.

If a member trolls me, i'll report him to an admin, otherwise ill just leave the forum.

I have been on a few forums myself where I have not seen eye to eye with another member for reasons that have happened away from the forum or on another forum pretty much of the time. I just try to keep civil and stay mature and bypass any kind of nasty comments they may make or any kind of things they do to try and get a rise out of me. If it all gets too much and I feel like I am really having problems I will speak to the admin of the said forum and see what they suggest I do. Luckily so far I have not had to go as far as the admin route as the whole ignoring them and staying civil has worked.

I usually use this as an opportunity to test the maturity of the staff. Honestly, not getting along on forums is just a matter or verbal discussion. Political forums and forums that discuss different methods of things should expect disagreements and not getting along with other members due to opinions.

If a staff destroys the conversation by locking a thread or temporarily banning a member I just leave the forum and never return. There are way too many forums out there that allow for way more freer discussions that you don't need to put up with censorship.

Honestly I think people should be mature enough to be able to decide if they want to take part in a heated discussion or not. IF I want to take part in a heated discussion, then I should expect a... "passionate" objector. We don't need staff to save us from "hurt feelings". /lolololol

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds