Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What are your views on the usage of a pop under ads?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
I simply hate pop ups and pop unders.
The reason is, it makes me loose my concentration on the webpage which I am on. And often I will have around 20 to 30 tabs open at a time. These pop unders some times make the browser crash or hang. This crash will makes the whole work I have been doing on these pages a waste and I will have to redo all of it!

so what are your thought on it?

Advertisement Placeholder
I hope the people who make these/stick them on sites die a slow and painful death, lol. They just annoy me so much, especially ones with flashing, sends my head crazy. ;3

I personally think that they serve a purpose. Generally you find popups and pounders on sites like file hosts because it's an added revenue stream for them. Proxies also use them. When the site is giving you server resources or something else for free, I don't mind having one popup.....

Yeah if we are using something for free, I guess its ok for the providers to have pop ups and unders. In that case it doesn't matter that you like it or not. I mean you're using their free resources and they need something to help them keep the service online! :)

I really hate pop under ads, too, especially when the site itself is already overflowing with ads! I've seen sites that have pop unders, image ads, text ads, infolinks ads. Ugh. Are they that money hungry?

Really hate them. I am not using AdBlocker just cause I respect any other site owner and know they need to earn some money to keep active a site, but these sneaky tactics are not something I'd accept. I usually don't come back to such a site.

Honestly, I remember when I was on the receiving end of these things. I remember how much I hated them and how very often at times I stopped going to some of the sites that had these. Once in awhile, I would grin and bare it because of the content.

So my advice, don't even dare use these unless you have content so good you know your visitors will deal with it.

If the content is good enough, I don't mind.

Otherwise, Adblock Plus eats it up

Even when the content IS good enough. People still mind. A pop under is still a pop under regardless of the content it overlaps. It's just that if the good content is only available at their site then people deal with it on account of having little choice over the matter.

I'm not sure I understand what a pop under is, but I especially hate anything that appears before I've even had the chance to read the content on a site.
Pop-under ads are the ad windows appears hidden behind the main browser window rather than superimposed in front of it.

I agree, they are annoying as hell, and I absolutely hate them. However, you need to look at the fact that these ads are effective. They force you to look at them, and you *might* accidentally, or purposefully, click on them. They serve a purpose, an annoying one albeit, but they serve one :ilike:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds