Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What Are Some Disadvantages of Sampling?

Good-Person

Captain Junkie
Credits
product sampling consists of a strategy that involves giving products for free to customers. There are many advantages associated with this kind of strategy. This is because you get the opportunity to promote the samples and your product to customers. Customers may become happy and purchase the products from you. Sampling offers a chance to test the products and reaction of public when they test your products. So, what are some disadvantages of this marketing method?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think the main disadvantage is the people who sample too much. Usually you give a small sample, if they like it you suggest where to buy it, sometimes right there. But there are customers who ask for another sample. Sometimes it's find to oblige, but if they ask for more, try to cut it off and recommend they buy their own box/package of the food they sampled.

I think the main disadvantage is the people who sample too much. Usually you give a small sample, if they like it you suggest where to buy it, sometimes right there. But there are customers who ask for another sample. Sometimes it's find to oblige, but if they ask for more, try to cut it off and recommend they buy their own box/package of the food they sampled.

From a businessman's perspective, sampling has many disadvantages as well. Suppose if you offer a huge quantity of samples to someone and if they never show any interest in your product, then you will be at a huge disadvantage. You will lose money if customers are never interested in your product in the first place.

When I was in my teens I tried a lot of products just because they were given for free. However, I did not buy those products again even though there was nothing particular that I disliked about the product. Out of my habit, I continued buying the products that I was using previously. Therefore, I believe giving free samples does not work. Instead of free samples, selling the price with 50 percent discounts might work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds