Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Website Builders Vs WordPress

Credits
Website builders are software that allows you to build websites without any knowledge and skills in programming. These programs have drag-and-drop features and prebuilt templates to create websites. WordPress is a content management system to create websites. In order to use website builders to their full capacity, you will have to pay, however, WordPress is completely free.

Advertisement Placeholder
WordPress is actually the best available platform for one to use in getting their website running.

It's so unique and makes things easy even for those who are completely new into these systems of websites.

WordPress beats every other website builder.

Actually, the greatest platform for someone to use to launch their website is WordPress.

Even for people who are absolutely unfamiliar with these internet systems, it is so distinctive and simplifies things.

WordPress outperforms all other website builders.

AVOID WIX - they are SO slow and cumbersome. I try so hard to convince clients to try literally any other web builder when they hire me, but they demand Wix. The amount of time I've spent on Wix when making sites for clients that could have easily been chopped off because of Wix shenanigans (there's so many drawbacks to their "drag and drop" design styling tool) :|

So here's a fun story. I had a client with a WooCommerce store and they'd built a pretty neat store using it, alongside Elementor and maybe 100 other plugins.

Trouble is, the average page time for all that was 30-70 seconds per page. I ripped it all out, replaced it with a custom theme that did what they wanted, average page load now a second.

So here's a fun story. I had a client with a WooCommerce store and they'd built a pretty neat store using it, alongside Elementor and maybe 100 other plugins.

Trouble is, the average page time for all that was 30-70 seconds per page. I ripped it all out, replaced it with a custom theme that did what they wanted, average page load now a second.
Wordpress does tend to load slow when there's a lot of plugins. Many are just poorly written. If you look at XenForo, that's not the case. You can have many plugins and still have a quick load time, we're lucky to have great devs and 3rd party developers for XF.

That's largely a design matter, though; the way XF is designed is expressly with plugins in mind; WP had that grafted on much earlier and in a much more primitive way.

That said, a lot of the problem is not really the number, but the number multiplied by the levels of bad coding. Too many authors make their primary loaded file be a huge initialisation wedge, when really all it needs is a few lines to signal WP when to load any more.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds