Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Web Design Made Easy: Advice You Can Use

Dot

Addicted member
Credits
Online presence is increasingly important in the business world today and a well designed website is essential. This article is going to teach you how to build an effective website that keeps those customers coming.

Pay close attention to the background of your pages. While some websites utilize moving GIF backgrounds, opt for simple background since these moving backgrounds can make text hard to read. Chose a background that complements your website's content, rather than a background that clashes with your website's content. Your website's visitors will then find it easier to read your website's content.

Let site visitors give feedback. When you have this area, your visitors can let you know if something needs fixed or if they aren't sure how use some of the site's functions. If your visitors feel like they are a part of your site, they will want to return.

Make compelling and fascinating web content. Your design is also important, but the content is the part that keeps visitors coming back. When the content on your site is valuable and useful, visitors will continue visiting your site.

Make sure that the font you are using looks professional, and is easy to read. You can make a pretty good judgment of a website's professionalism simply by looking at its font selections. Fancy fonts, such as those that look like gothic lettering or calligraphy, can often be hard to read. Other fonts, like Comic Sans, send a message that you aren't professional. If a person doesn't have a font on their computer, the browser might render the site using the default font (generally Times New Roman). The results are uncontrollable and often unattractive.

As you select a hosting service for your website, you need to make sure you know everything that is included in the package. Aspects such as bandwidth, file sizes, platforms and space limitations are among some of the most important considerations. You need to know exactly what you are paying for.

Always limit your content early on in your web page design. Visitors want simple, informative content they can use.

Make sure you think about your target audience when designing your site. Create a poll or questionnaire to find out what they need from your page. This will help you to design and also install features on your site. You want to create a site that your viewers enjoy visiting.

Make sure all your domains, including sub-domains, include visible taglines. You will want every person who visits your website to see this text in bold, with a large font. A tagline of this type will clearly identify what is offered on the page and have a defined purpose.

Time management becomes important when working on web design. Designing a website can require lots of small tasks that you might want to put off till later. Very quickly you can get behind on what you are trying to accomplish. Therefore, you must finish up these tasks as quickly as possible.

Making a website really isn't that hard. Once you learn the basics, you can create a smooth websites that keeps the focus on your content. You just have to remember the tips that were talked about.

Advertisement Placeholder
Things like using fancy fonts, making your site too colorful, adding a lot of graphics in the name of beautifying your site does not work. I learned this lesson from my own experience.

Creating website is hard and it's not. It all depends on the level of knowledge you have around it. It would be very easy if you have the relevant knowledge.

Considering the fact that i am not into web design because it seems to be tough for me and there is no one to put me through all the necessary things to do, but i am sure with this tips one can learn some of the steps in web design.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds