Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Was looking around the internet and found out that UBBThreads is still alive!

Advertisement Placeholder
Don't waste your money, it's essentially a very expensive fan project at this point, 2 developers with seemingly no contact from the person that owns it, dangerously dated code and updates that come out at a snail's pace. What used to be good software is just not a participant in the discussion anymore.

Don't waste your money, it's essentially a very expensive fan project at this point, 2 developers with seemingly no contact from the person that owns it, dangerously dated code and updates that come out at a snail's pace. What used to be good software is just not a participant in the discussion anymore.
Oh I didn't realise it. I'm actually pretty surprised that the two devs seem to be working for free on this. I would just give up and do something else.

Oh I didn't realise it. I'm actually pretty surprised that the two devs seem to be working for free on this. I would just give up and do something else.
It's an unfortunate state of affairs for the project, to be sure. It deserves better, but this is what happens when the lead developer moves on, the company is slow to adapt and then a once-good product is sold on and left to linger.
UBB basically invented forums as we know them today. I love to browse those forums and go back to the early pages and read content from like 1999.
They sure did, both UltimateBB and WWWThreads (now UBB.Threads) were ahead of their time and helped shape what we know and love today in the forum world. It was a lot of fun back then to keep tabs on both products.

I tried using UBBthreads for Video Game Challenges at first, but decided to purchase a Xenforo license instead. I've heard that back in the day UBBthreads was one of the best if not the best forum software to use. It's just too outdated, I would expect the features to come from a free software that is new to the game but for paid software it's not really worth it IMO.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds