Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Username Changes

Advertisement Placeholder
IMO username changes must be allowed, but with some conditions like: changes once in every 'X' months only and you can change your username only 'Z' times.
We don't want users to change their name everyday, also we don't need fake accounts just for the sake of a new username.

I make it a request for name changes, just as an encouragement to spend our online currency that we use and to endorse that people should stick with a name and fluctuate between several different names that makes it all confusing..

I just change it when members ask me to change it, other than that I do not mind it at all. I did go to a site where they made me ask via a comment on a post, which I wanted my name changed from a name I wished to not have related to me at all. and doing so I was forced to quit from their site because said action was unavailable.

I usually make a username change request thread and add a rule so the names aren't changed too often so we don't lose track of who is who and to avoid having usernames changed every other day. I usually add a date so every month or so or maybe a forum cash requirement or even both? :p

I do not allow it open. I usually make a thread, where members must post to change their username. I do not like members changing their usernames without us staff knowing.

I have to approve it first, though I don't mind it if they want to change their name. :p However, I wouldn't want them to keep changing it, the limit for my site is 2 times only, and even then I would want them to add their old username somewhere in their profile.
Yeah people who keep on changing their username is not a good idea. So I guess 2 times is a nice restriction!

I like digitalpoints system, even though it costed $25 for a name change, where users can change their usernames every 90 days but the font gets italicized for a bit after the change so users know.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds