Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Usergroups for previously Banned

Credits
Do you create a group for perhaps previously banned members, or members who are close to becoming banned? I know I've had a PM restricted usergroup before as they would pm advertise and harass people frequently, have any of you had even that? Have you had a usergroup that restricted where they people could post as well? What are your thoughts of this?

Advertisement Placeholder
I’ve not made a group like that before but it’s a good concept that I might use. Do you show that they’re restricted or replicate the look of the member user group so they’re not aware?

I’ve not made a group like that before but it’s a good concept that I might use. Do you show that they’re restricted or replicate the look of the member user group so they’re not aware?
I replicated the member user group in most recent times. There was a time where I was slightly salty and made a group called “Pm Restricted” and even had a “Banned” user group for those who could still see the forum but were not able to post or view content. I think replicating the member one is the best idea now a days.

I've got groups set aside for
Convo restricted
Reaction restricted
Classified entry restricted
Review restricted
Attachment restricted
Signature Restricted

As far as one for folks that have had a ban, it's either a perm ban, or the get a timeout ban by points. Once that time has gone by, then those points go bye-bye (unless they are permanent points).

I just have a banned group on my board and I've only had to use it for 2 spammers out of 1000+ members. I've never had to restrict anyone from certain areas since they didn't abuse those areas, but if it came down to it and multiple people started to abuse particular areas, then I may very well consider a "restricted" group for that area. Otherwise, just a few members abusing that area can be known just between me and them.

I had a banned group on my forum so people could get a banned rank and strike-through username. Those that I banned I eventually unbanned so there wasn't really a point to having the group.
Yeah admins generally use banned groups for styling purposes. Remember at least on xenforo, bans will override any set permissions. So don’t worry too much about permissions ;)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds